Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
To r6306
At first I confirm R4 SDHC should be the posterity of R4, but the friend from Korea gives some helpful tips and I have to check it out once again.
The new kernel can't be used on other clones, and that's the main reason I support it.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can now confirm the same image that r6306 posted... i renamed the firmware to r4sdhc.nds, ran it from my R4-III's firmware... and got the window titled "!!!" containing the text "This is a Fake!!"

I also ran the R4 Advance v1.20 firmware in the same fashion... it worked

So, might be the R4 SDHC is the real "Next R4", the R4 Advance wont run it, the R4-III wont run it and the one thing i find bad about my III and the Advance is on our support sites, there are several "updates" but no changelogs. But the R4 SDHC shows what was fixed for each new revision.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh god damn it guys!!!

The R4 is a FU**ING old card now and is officially dead , any cards coming out now are fakes/clones and no one should really be buying those!

Plenty of choice on the market and for much less £££/$$$ so can we all forget about the R4 and move on..

paul

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
Oh god damn it guys!!!

The R4 is a FU**ING old card now and is officially dead , any cards coming out now are fakes/clones and no one should really be buying those!

Plenty of choice on the market and for much less £££/$$$ so can we all forget about the R4 and move on..

paul
that isn't what we are discussing. if you have nothing to say, then don't post.

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, the "R4" is dead, but the ones riding the R4 coat tails are alive and doing things the "real R4" couldn't

SDHC confirmed 8gb
games not playable without patching now playable
frequent updates

These newer cards aint gonna change their now infamous names... they might not be "R4" cards... but they carry the names

R4-III, R4 SDHC, R4 Advance.... seems to fit the forum title... not the old "R4" but R4s nonetheless...

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
@tangyi

2436 Riku (Jap), Hulk, Carnival Games and Daigasso failed to work with v.121 in my original R4.

Except the above games, all other games that I tested (eg. FF4, Yoshi Island, Pokemon Explorer Time, Adv war dual ruin, animal crossing, DungeonExplorer, FF TacticsA2, KungFuPanda, WorldEndsWithYou, RondoSword, ...) all ok with v1.21 (R4crypted) on my original R4. All other features including LRXYAB reset, brightness control, moonshell ... ok. Hulk with arm7 patched was ok too.

The only problem encountered was to avoid pressing the "start" button to go back to the previous menu. The message " This card is fake" will come out and the system will hang. Otherwise, v1.21 worked fine in the R4.

v1.21 (R4crypted) works exactly the same as v1.18 on my R4 with the same constraints on the above unplayable games. It looks to me that v1.21 (R4crypted) is no difference to the v1.18 ....

tangyi said:
aero125 said:
tangyi, v1.21 is not compatible to R4 unless and until the fw is being R4crypted. I have tried, v1.21 runs on my R4, exactly like my R4 in v1.18, but nothing more ( except the SDHC, which i can't comment ). Games that worked in v1.18 have continued to work in v1.21, games that failed have also continued to fail.

Have u tried v1.21 on Hulk, carnival games, Rikku (Jap) ... without arm7 patching ? If they don't, v1.21 is nothing more than the v1.18.

R4 was my first flash cart and I had derived a lot of fun on those days from Pokemon Diamond to FFIII .... I just hope that the cart will live on with updates continuing beyond v1.18

to aero125
the game 2341 - Hulk (E). 2352 - Hulk (U). has been solved in ver 1.19
I don't have 2443 - Carnival Games (U) so I'm sorry I can't give you the correct answer right now.
Could you pls show me the full name or catalog No. of Rikku (Jap) ? I can't recognise this game. thx.

The save problemes on game 2420 - Nanashi no Game (JP) and 2385 - Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (JP) has been solved in ver 1.20

One more I doubt that how can you use the SDHC kernel on original R4. And that's may the point why those games can't run on your R4.

-------------added after seeing your post-------------

SDHC kernel can be worked on original R4 according to your post,but it's still a question whether the original R4 supports the new function of SDHC?
Besides it's a good way to try, good DIY
smile.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
that isn't what we are discussing. if you have nothing to say, then don't post.

I may of not real all posts up till mine but i do know the R4 is the topic for discussion if not fake R4's so what i wrote above stands....................

Why can't people including noobs just get it that R4 is SH*T and go for a new/modern card GReeeeeee

paul

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is about "This thread is Something about the 2nd generation of R4 -- R4 SDHC"

i.e. the clones/fakes/wannabes that are better then the original by playing games the R4 original didnt, supporting SDHC, and actually having firmware updates, and trying to see what is the better 2nd gen R4 these days for those who prefer the R4/M3 style of things.

Bout time the original R4 died... it woulda had to be a v2+ hardware wise todo SDHC... an R4 could not and will never do SDHC... it aint in the hardware to do so.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
seems like some people don't want to let go of that r4 mystique. i personally don't understand why you guys even bother discussing cloneware and breathing life into a card that is like a once great prizefighter and is now showing his age.

just let the R4 and its mystique die and move on to newer cards instead of giving this cloneware hype

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
Why can't people including noobs just get it that R4 is SH*T and go for a new/modern card GReeeeeee

paul severe

You know what's the greatest fact about that above line? We, or at least I, an R4 user, have already gotten over that fact. It's the spineless bastards bashing the card that can't get over it for the mere fact that it's still usable.

If you can still breathe life into it, fuck yeah breathe life. Unlike an Apple iPod that dies with each new iPod that comes out.

Oh, and bashers also can't get over the fact because.... whaddaya know, you guys are still here. This is an R4 forum where people are discussing the R4 flash cart. Got nothing else better to post about the R4? GTFO.

Great civility in this part of the internet.

r6306

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
haha, its just a piece of plastic so chill out.

I'm just intrigued that someone bothered to make an update Kernel but then made it so it didn't work with the other clones which are the same thing with a different name, just why bother?

btw - the R4 is the brand that all my punters are asking for. The normal public have no idea what a TT, M3, Cyclo, xtreme, ace etc etc are so its important to keep on top of the latest situation with R4 clones, fakes, kernel changes etc

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
r6306 said:
haha, its just a piece of plastic so chill out.

I'm just intrigued that someone bothered to make an update Kernel but then made it so it didn't work with the other clones which are the same thing with a different name, just why bother?

btw - the R4 is the brand that all my punters are asking for. The normal public have no idea what a TT, M3, Cyclo, xtreme, ace etc etc are so its important to keep on top of the latest situation with R4 clones, fakes, kernel changes etc

Yeah somehow they didn't understand "flashcart", only "R4 and such", and they offer me N5, sigh

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
jagerstaffel said:
paul3100 said:

paul severe

You know what's the greatest fact about that above line? We, or at least I, an R4 user, have already gotten over that fact. It's the spineless bastards bashing the card that can't get over it for the mere fact that it's still usable.

If you can still breathe life into it, fuck yeah breathe life. Unlike an Apple iPod that dies with each new iPod that comes out.

Oh, and bashers also can't get over the fact because.... whaddaya know, you guys are still here. This is an R4 forum where people are discussing the R4 flash cart. Got nothing else better to post about the R4? GTFO.

Great civility in this part of the internet.

QFT. If you have nothing constructive to say about the R4, just leave.

The R4 may be /officially/ dead, but it still works, doesn't it? So until it stops playing the good games, support it.

I mean, the DS-X is dead, sure, but IT DOESN'T WORK with nearly all games, so that's a little different.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Check out this post
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1403874
At any rate, its been verified that the r4team.com site isn't connected to the real R4 team. Those who have an R4 (I own one myself), I suggest using YSMenu. YSMenu breaths new life in to the R4, while the R4 is still a dated flashcard, at least with YSMenu, you get better game compatibility and more features.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would like to add to Narin's post that YSmenu also has better cheat compatibility (Tank Beat failed with normal R4 kernel, even with other flash carts) and the whole cheat list loads
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all