Hacking Someone pleeease help me on this damn card!!!

DSblonde!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi tech friends!

I have just recieved my dstt card which I ordered through a friend of a friend-he pre-loaded all my games on for me (bcoz i am thick lol!).It was working fine and now it freezes when i click on any of the games.As i havent obviously got any software i was wondering if there was anything i can do i.e download the software or is it only good for the bin????!!!!Pissed off bcoz I cant return the card to him for 8 weeks and my daughter is distraught!

I know its a legit card as had 3 off of him already and they worked perfectly.

So if you can help a damsel in distress it would be much appreciated

Louise xxxx

hate2.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please read the FAQ stickied to the top of the "DSTT / TopToy DS" forum, and follow the directions under "Q: My DSTT used to work, but doesn't work any more. What do I do?".

-Bri

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DSblonde! said:
It was working fine and now it freezes when i click on any of the games
I guess that you are getting pass the boot-up Icon without any problem (the black one with 'Loading' showing)
3697975217_a4c9213d63.jpg

since you say it is freezing on clicking on a game

Not sure if this will help but -
> If you have a PC with a Card reader capable of reading MicroSD cards (or SD cards but you need an adaptor) then I suggest taking the Memory card out of the DSTT (you need to push it in slightly until it 'clicks' & then release - it should then stick out enough so that you can pull it out fully)
> Put it into your PC's Card reader & copy EVERYTHING (there may be some hidden files as well) from the memory card to a folder on your PC
> Then I suggest you 'format' the memory card using Panasonic SD formatter (Don't use Windows own format program)
> & finally copy all the files back from the PC onto the memory card
> 'Safely Remove' the memory card from your PC card reader & put back into the DSTT (push it in until it 'clicks' & the memory card should be roughly level with the edge of the DSTT)

Put your DSTT back into the DS & see if this has cured the freezing (or not - as the case may be)

EDITED: Oopps a bit too slow - Bri beat me to it, but personally I don't think DSBlonde really needs to do EVERYTHING in the thread as she's sure she has a genuine DSTT anyway & it use to work

And also to Bri - I see you 'borrowed' my Graphics from My post and placed them on the front page
yay.gif

DSblonde!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Bri!

Will have a go but am worried i will lose all my data and screw the whole thing up lol!It all looks very technical to me!

I haven't got the card to put the sd card in (sorry im sure it has a proper name!) can i buy one of them from anywhere?

Sorry I must come across as dumb!!!PMSL!!!!

DSblonde!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Cannon

Yes getting past the loading screen and brings all my games up for me it just freezes when i select them.I dont understand why they were all working and now they dont-just wondered if my daughter had messed around with it in some way?

Your way seems easy than bri's (no offence Bri!!)will try that way first then if all fails I will throw it in the bin!.....no only joking!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DSblonde! said:
I haven't got the card to put the sd card in (sorry im sure it has a proper name!) can i buy one of them from anywhere?
I'm guessing you're talking about a 'SD to MicroSd adaptor' so that you can put it into your PC card reader - if so, I'm not sure if you can buy them seperately as they USUALLY come with a MicroSD memory card.

images

I see you're in the USA - so I doubt you have a place called 'ARGOS' there, so I would say your best bet is to pop into a local camera shop (that does digital cameras) or a mobile phone shop & ask there

DSblonde!

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No I am in the uk-just changed it lol!

Yes I have an ARGOS pmsl!!

They guy I got it from must have taken it out-the last ones i ordered had one but think i threw them out-damn!!!!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
EDITED: Oopps a bit too slow - Bri beat me to it, but personally I don't think DSBlonde really needs to do EVERYTHING in the thread as she's sure she has a genuine DSTT anyway & it use to work

The steps you listed are reasonable if she's sure she has a genuine DSTT.

QUOTE said:
And also to Bri - I see you 'borrowed' my Graphics from My post and placed them on the front page
yay.gif

Yes, I did! I had graphics for three of the four icons, but it's difficult to get a DSTT to produce the error icon. If you don't want me to use your graphics, let me know and I'll remove them. Otherwise, thanks for providing them!

QUOTE(DSblonde! @ Jul 7 2009, 08:39 AM)
Will have a go but am worried i will lose all my data and screw the whole thing up lol!It all looks very technical to me!

If you're sure your DSTT is real, follow ConnonFoddr's instructions. Both the FAQ and CannonFoddr's instructions tell you to make a backup of all the files on your microSD card so you won't lose all your data. As CannonFoddr said, you can use any widely-available card reader that will read a microSD card (or a card reader that will read an SD card if you have a microSD to SD adapter).

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't panic. You really can't screw it up permanently.

First, put your DSTT into your NDS without any microSD card in it and turn on the NDS. You should see a "No Card" icon. Then make sure your microSD card is backed up and reformatted with the Panasonic formatter. Insert the newly formatted and empty microSD card into the DSTT and then turn on your NDS. You should see a "Menu?" icon.

If the above worked, follow these steps:[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6377[*]Copy the "TTMENU" folder and "TTMENU.DAT" file from the archive to your microSC card. Note that these are in the "English" folder. The "English" folder itself should NOT be copied to your microSD card.[*]Create a folder on your microSD card named "games".[*]Copy a few .nds files into the "games" folder.[*]Use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.Report back here if it still doesn't work.

-Bri

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bri said:
QUOTE said:
yay.gif
Yes, I did! I had graphics for three of the four icons, but it's difficult to get a DSTT to produce the error icon. If you don't want me to use your graphics, let me know and I'll remove them. Otherwise, thanks for providing them!
If I didn't want people to use my graphics - I wouldn't put them on the net would I ??
Oh & as for the last 'error' graphic - I couldn't get it either

- that one was in fact a copy of the 'Menu?' one altered in PaintShopPro
rofl.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bri said:
CannonFoddr said:
- that one was in fact a copy of the 'Menu?' one altered in PaintShopPro
rofl.gif
So how do you know that's what it looks like?
I read a thread a while back (can't remember where) that asked the question 'I've got a red icon shaped like a memory card similar to the menu? one but with the word error on it instead' (That's not the exact words but it was something like that) - the reply in thread was that the DSTT was possibly NFG

I've just done another google search to see if I can find it again - no luck on THAT particular thread but I've found this one.
Post 3# shows the icon,which you can see is similar to the Menu one,but post #8 thinks it's the memory card that NFG & not the DSTT - I suggest you should change your first post to say that it could be EITHER the DSTT or the microSD card

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Are you done putting the firmware back on? Try YSMenu. Or just use the normal one if you'd like. There's a new version right below your thread.
Aw come on Kingdom - DSBlond has only just learnt about DSTT firmware & now you're going to get her confused about YSMEnu
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up