Hacking Someone just want to sell homebrew

siauw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Check this out that somebody want to sell homebrew. Just remember that homebrew is FREE
*Link removed*

grentuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Problem is there are a lot of people out there unaware that this can be done and more importantly that its free.

I have done numerous wii's for people and feel its morally wrong to charge.

But while I feel that way, at the end of the day if the person having it done is happy not much you can do.

You also have to take into account "time"

If you think back to when you were a complete noob. Then factor in the amount of time reading upgrading, downgrading, the risk of losing your wii. It's days not hours.

This guy removes all of that time factor for a small charge.

You could argue that everyone is capable of servicing their own car with a basic service. Some choose not to do it.

Still thinks its wrong though

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, there are loads of websites like this but luckily everytime their "customers" go to update their HBC they recieve a scam warning so hopefully these websites will dissapper soon.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with charging for time...that's what most businesses charge for and they charge well, like a lawyer...they make so much because they do spend a lot of time on cases, even if someone can research all the info for free themselves, they pay a lawyer to do so for them...knowledge and time is all i would charge for...if someone asks me how to do it, i'll show em what to read and even explain how this works to them, but if they want me to do it i'll tell its a cool fitty for service

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
In the lower left corner there is a link that goes to *link removed*
With has a video with homebrew channel and GAMMA with the GBATemp logo on it.
They even got two testimonials from Erick and Jason.

It used to be $55 but now its $29

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you post the link and some people actually pay for stuff.

Well done you've helped them make money.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Would people who actually visit this forum pay for stuff that can be found for free here?
tongue.gif

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew on the Wii, just as with any new educational adventure, is only free when you do the learning. Otherwise, you pay some one who has the knowledge to do it for you.

Example: I fix computers. Its easy for me, and free. I charge others for my knowledge.

I also charge to mod wii's, same thing.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, everything sums up to this:

- If the site says: "PayPal $10 to us" and they respond which the HackMii installer to your mail, THAT'S WRONG because they are directly selling the application.

- If instead the site gets your Wii, install several applications, does all the needed upgrades to IOSes, TBR them, whatever to make your Wii perform at the characteristics they promote, then THAT'S RIGHT. Why? Because they are selling you the service of doing that; as many said above, it took a lot of time to read, learn, try and error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1