Hacking Someone is able to run retroarch with Gui on switch (via Linux).

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone as the title said:
Someone is able to run retroarch with amazing xmb menu through Linux

So if you can see without any hardware acceleration and vulkan api some emulators like dolphin and psx are running pretty good.
Just imagine after getting HW acceleration and vulkan rendering I'm sure we'll reach a fullspeed without any doubt.

this is his tweet about it.
https://twitter.com/benjaminlesueur/status/989817990567944192

Here's some images of retroarch on switch.

Tells me your thoughts about it?

Attachments

• IMG_1067.JPG
    IMG_1067.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_1068.JPG
    IMG_1068.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 3,198
  • IMG_1069.JPG
    IMG_1069.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 867
Last edited by Fadi5555,

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont it look beautiful :P
Yes it is. Just wait for HW acceleration and vulkan api support and see how beautiful it is.
I'm sure it'll be an ultimate portable console.

And it'll be including:

1-Nintendo switch games of course.
2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
4-damon pro (ps2 emu for android after getting port to switch)
5-retroarch most of all.

But I'm really thinking about getting nvidia shield TV games like resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear 5 to Nintendo switch. So I hope we can run nvidia shield tv OS to switch if that's possible.

GamerUnity

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes it is. Just wait for HW acceleration and vulkan api support and see how beautiful it is.

And it'll be including:

2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
5-retroarch most of all.

But I'm really thinking about getting nvidia shield TV games like resident evil 5, tomb raider, metal gear 5 to Nintendo switch. So I hope we can run nvidia shield tv OS to switch if that's possible.

And Drastic for DS emulation if ever we receive an android emu in one way or another.

Reactions: Fadi5555

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena

And it'll be including:

2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
5-retroarch most of all.

If you want kind of an ultimate portable console, go for the gpd win 2.

With switchs CPU i would not put too much hope in running dolphin at full speed, either i would hope for PCSX2

Last edited by crow132,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And it'll be including:

2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
5-retroarch most of all.

That is indeed the dream, I know very little when it comes to Linux so I'm stuck here watching from the sidelines waiting for a "fully kitted out" Image :)

Reactions: mmajunkie77

Fadi5555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want kind of an ultimate portable console, go for the gpd win 2.

With switch CPU i would not trust too much to run dolphin at full speed, either i would hope for PCSX2
To be honest I don't like the design of gpd win at all however it's good device indeed.

And about getting fullspeed on switch using dolphin it will be real after getting vulkan and HW acceleration. I'm sure about it. Just see how dolphin runs on switch via linux

Zelda wind waker running around 20-25 from 30fps this a good speed without any HW acceleration and vulkan support yet.

See the video.

And tell me your thoughts.

Reactions: MachRc and Kioku

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

And it'll be including:

2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
5-retroarch most of all.

HW acceleration is already supported.
To be honest I don't like the design of gpd win at all however it's good device indeed.

And about getting fullspeed on switch using dolphin it will be real after getting vulkan and HW acceleration. I'm sure about it. Just see how dolphin runs on switch via linux

Zelda wind waker running around 20-25 from 30fps this a good speed without any HW acceleration and vulkan support yet.

See the video.

Are you sure they didn't use HW acceleration in that video? I doubt Dolphin would run that well otherwise.
It does say OpenGL so it's probably hardware accelerated with Mesa3D. Vulkan would probably be faster though.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And it'll be including:

2-dolphin emu
3-ppsspp emu
5-retroarch most of all.

I'm only interested in the later :)

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thre's no way Dolphin is getting 20-25 FPS with no HW acceleration (Which as mentioned above is already supported). Vulkan, however, would probably help push things forwards without considering optimizations.

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena

See the video.

i prefer switch design too, but emulation being so CPU dependant is unconvinient for the switch.

that performance is decent and surely can be improved, but im not sure if we will get to a playable state.

let's wait and see, but don't get overhyped just yet!

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thre's no way Dolphin is getting 20-25 FPS with no HW acceleration (Which as mentioned above is already supported). Vulkan, however, would probably help push things forwards without considering optimizations.

Vulkan support would probably help.
Something else to consider is that the Dolphin shown off is the main branch.
There’s also a specialized build (forgot the name) that sacrifices a little accuracy for performance.
I can live with some circles looking like ovals and stuff like that if it means stable performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: