Hacking Somehow my console just updated....

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but if I plug it in the computer, do I see the same files that are served wirelessly?
You can browse the files on the SD card yes. At the same time, you can have your Wii U connect to the SD card and boot up the exploit. Then you can eject the SD card if you want as it only needs it for the exploit.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if the card is plugged into the Wii U, can I wirelessly copy, let's say, GC ROMs to it?
To use it to wirelessly copy files to it would be slow. You'd best plug it into your Wii U if you wanted to play stored Gamecube games. The wireless feature is ONLY useful for hosting the small exploit files.

D

Deleted-355425

And if the card is plugged into the Wii U, can I wirelessly copy, let's say, GC ROMs to it?
You can buy the wireless card that's an adaptor so you just plug your micro SD card with all your roms on it into the wifi SD adapter and plug that in your wiiu.

Reactions: SomeGamer

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy yourself a Toshiba Flashair Wireless SD card. You can host your own exploit. I JUST got mine and it literally works for Loadiine.
It's a 16 GB SD so it also can store my Gamecube games. For $20, it's worth it.

It's already known that we can use these to stay offline forever, I just want to spread the popularity of this method. More people should do this to never update ever.

People want to play online. People want to use eShop. Some may want Miiverse, Netflix, etc.

mediavieja

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So just to make sure i did right the first time by not turning off my wiiu during the update... If something like this happens again and i ser the system update runing do not turn off the power msg, should i let it update or unplug my wiiu from the power supply to stop the update?

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
So just to make sure i did right the first time by not turning off my wiiu during the update... If something like this happens again and i ser the system update runing do not turn off the power msg, should i let it update or unplug my wiiu from the power supply to stop the update?
I wouldn't unplug it during an update. That could brick the poor thing.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
as soon as it starts saying installing update unplug it, altough its much better to unplug it trough the download lol.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Go to the DNS settings on the WiiU console itself and put the TubeHax DNS on the primary and secondary DNS. Test by loading eShop. If you get a connection error, then it works.
Tubehax DNS is used to ALLOW eshop access.
what it will block is updates, not eshop.
trying to access eshop is not the correct way to check if DNS is working. You should access youtube.com instead. if it whitescreen, then it works.

you cant have it all :rofl2:
Yes you can.
I do, I can play online with retail games, access eshop on 5.3.2 (nnu patcher), access miiverse, and use loadiine, and use netflix.
I'm blocking from proxy, and DNS. (Attention, tubehax DNS will NOT work if you have both proxy and DNS in the wiiU settings !)

@mediavieja :
Did you used proxy setting at the same time than DNS ?
because using proxy prevent the use of the DNS server. it would allow the connection to the server with the typo in the router.

If you want to use DNS with proxy, you need to set the dns on your proxy's server.
if you use CCProxy, there's a field to enter the DNS IP in the filtering page.
Also, i you use proxy, it will defeat the purpose of MAC IP filtering.

If you didn't use proxy, then I don't know why the tubehax DNS failed.
sorry for you.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tubehax DNS is used to ALLOW eshop access.
what it will block is updates, not eshop.
trying to access eshop is not the correct way to check if DNS is working. You should access youtube.com instead. if it whitescreen, then it works.

That's weird, I remember getting Cloud for Smash soon before finding out about the IOSU exploit coming out, then I put in the Tubehax DNS and I can't access the eShop and the download shows the red X. Every other online function works though such as Xenoblade and the MiiVerse stage in Smash.

The YouTube app also works, I don't use the browser for that but I'll try that when a friend is done playing.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have the spoof, you need NNU patcher to access eshop.
then you can download anything from eshop, as long as there's no "blocked" (with the red cross) download in the download queue.

to remove the blocked cross, unplug the power cord while you are on the download manager.
on next boot, it will download the DLC or the game.

I noticed that accessing eshop works better if you have the blocked update in the download queue.
as it doesn't check nus server at eshop access, because it already did at firmware download check.
if you don't have the download blocked in the queue, it will try to access NUS at eshop connection and will exit because it can't access it.
that's probably what you experienced.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have the spoof, you need NNU patcher to access eshop.
My console is on 5.5 not spoofed and I have tubehax DNS to be safe and I cannot access eshop. That was the only protection I had set up. No Mac blocking or web address blocking. So maybe things have changed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe because of the nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net ping done on eshop access if there's no download in the queue.
but that's only assumption, I can't tell you exactly why it didn't work.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
maybe because of the nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net ping done on eshop access if there's no download in the queue.
but that's only assumption, I can't tell you exactly why it didn't work.
when you acess e shop the console checks to see if you have the latest fw and since it cant check then you cant enter e shop, nnu patcher says it is on the check function.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok just disabled quickstart on my Wii U

Can't remember if this has been answered but I have taken off all my internet connections AND disabled spotpass + quickstart menu
Is this safer than using Internet + tubehax

thanks was wondering
lol without internet settings its always safe :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.