Hacking Some trouble loading games with USB Loader GX

obake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! After a long time, I decided I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and went ahead and tried to get my Wii setup to load games from my external hard drive. I think I'm pretty close, but I'm hung up at a spot and am unsure as to how to proceed.

First, I followed the Complete SoftMod Guide (http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/) to install the Homebrew Channel and restore the Trucha Bug on my launch Wii running 4.2U (I had softmodded the Wii in the past, but did a standard 4.2 update through the Wii to play SMG2). I followed the instructions completely, using DOP-Mii to reintroduce the correct IOS and remove the stub IOS files afterwards.

After this, I used Lifehacker's guide (http://lifehacker.com/5518518/how-to-back-up-and-play-your-wii-games-from-an-external-hard-drive) to install the cIOS I needed. I followed the link provided (http://filetrip.net/f9426-cIOS-Installer-38r17.html) but was told that there was a newer version available. I ran cIOS Installer Xr19, selected IOS36 for the first part and then was prompted to choose among five different IOS files to use as the "base". I chose IOS38 because the website (http://filetrip.net/f9911-cIOS-Installer-Xr19.html) said it was the most stable. After doing this, I used WBFS Manager 3.0 to format an external drive I have and copied an already-created ISO of "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (NTSC-J)" to the drive. I ran USB Loader GX from the Homebrew Channel and it saw the ISO just fine, but when I tried to run it, I got a black screen with some thin, green lines at the top, appearing like some sort of graphical distortion.

Thinking this was because it was a Region 2 game, I installed and used Priiloader to make my Wii region-free. The issue still occurs. I then tested a standard NTSC-U game I had as well ("House of the Dead: OVERKILL"), but experienced the same problem as with TvC.

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this, but I'm unfortunately just not quite familiar enough with the process to know where to start looking. Does anybody have any tips for me?

Thanks!

obake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

So, I'm making some progress. I removed cIOSX r19 and replaced it with cIOS 249 r17. I also installed Hermes v4 with the following settings:

IOS222 with base IOS38 merged with 37
IOS223 with base IOS38
IOS202 with base IOS38 merged with 60

I've tested and gotten HotD:O working fine (using cIOS 222 in USB Loader GX), but I'm still getting a black screen when I try to load TvC. I generated a system check with DOP-Mii... anybody have any ideas of what I should look at here? Thanks!

Code:
IOS VersionÂÂÂÂ FakeSignÂÂÂÂ ES_IdentifyÂÂÂÂ NANDÂÂÂÂ Flash
250 (v65535)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
249 (v17)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
223 (v4)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
222 (v4)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
202 (v4)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
70ÂÂ(v6687)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
61ÂÂ(v5405)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
57ÂÂ(v5661)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
56ÂÂ(v5405)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
55ÂÂ(v5406)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
53ÂÂ(v5406)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
38ÂÂ(v3867)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
37ÂÂ(v3869)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
36ÂÂ(v3351)ÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂEnabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
35ÂÂ(v3349)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
34ÂÂ(v3348)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
33ÂÂ(v3091)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
31ÂÂ(v3349)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
28ÂÂ(v1550)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
22ÂÂ(v1037)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
21ÂÂ(v782)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
17ÂÂ(v775)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
15ÂÂ(v523)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
14ÂÂ(v520)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
13ÂÂ(v273)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
12ÂÂ(v269)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled
9ÂÂ (v778)ÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabledÂÂÂÂDisabled

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
On the USB compatibility Wiki it says you should force video of TvC Jap version to Disc! Try that but I can confirm US version works fine on my PAL Wii!

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
install Hermes V4 like these

IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 60

ignore touching IOS202 since it's fine now(it's setup as "IOS38 merged with 60" in my wii too.)

btw which TvC do you have?

obake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
On the USB compatibility Wiki it says you should force video of TvC Jap version to Disc! Try that but I can confirm US version works fine on my PAL Wii!

I'll give that a shot. I tried forcing NTSC, but don't believe I tried forcing to disc.

QUOTE(takun32 @ Jul 24 2010, 02:42 PM) install Hermes V4 like these

IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 60

ignore touching IOS202 since it's fine now(it's setup as "IOS38 merged with 60" in my wii too.)

btw which TvC do you have?

I'll give that a shot and report back.. I'm using the Japanese version of TvC.

Thanks!

obake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I reinstalled IOS223 with base IOS38 merged with 60 and set the video mode in USB Loader GX to Disc Default. The issue still occurs, regardless of whether I use IOS222 or the new IOS223.

I'll keep fiddling with it, but if anybody has any other suggestions, I'd happily accept them. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ