Hacking Some Things that you'd like to be included in Acekard 2 Menu

priv8dan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ or even smaller icons like the DS1? I really like the AKIO, it's great and has a superb interface
smile.gif

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Bergunzo said:
I'd like to create new folders and rename files within the gui menu... Is that possible in later updates?
QUOTE said:
Normmatt Posted Aug 14 2008, 08:49 PM
There are already many open source virtual keyboards for the nds, but a text editor would really need to be a separate program at the moment as the gui needs a rewrite too take advantage of the top screen for viewing the text.

Smiths Posted Today, 06:49 AM
no virtual keyboard from my side. if norm gets bored enough, good for him.

but no.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can always run DSOrganize for stuff like that. Just place a shortcut to akmenu4.nds in the "HOME" folder and you can get back to AIO (or whatever menu you're using) by clicking an icon on the third page.

-Bri

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
You can always run DSOrganize for stuff like that. Just place a shortcut to akmenu4.nds in the "HOME" folder and you can get back to AIO (or whatever menu you're using) by clicking an icon on the third page.

-Bri
How exactly do I add shorcuts. I right-clicked in the HOME folder and created the shortcut. The name was ak4menu.nds. What did I do wrong?

Raqib12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Direct downloads from the homebrew section
2 - Gameboy Advance games saving as .sav instead of .gba.sav
3 - Sound effects

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Bri said:

-Bri
How exactly do I add shorcuts. I right-clicked in the HOME folder and created the shortcut. The name was ak4menu.nds. What did I do wrong?

You can't use Windows shortcuts. DSOrganize has its own shortcut files. Create a file named akmenu.dss and place it into the HOME folder of DSOrganize. The contents of the file must look something like this:

CODE
DSOSHORTCUT
name=AKMenu
file=/akmenu4.nds

-Bri

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. So I what I did was use the File Browser and then I made a file in the HOME folder. The shortcut shows but when I click it, it just shows a white screen. Help?

f3l1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is my wishlist in order of importance to me

1) a dldi patching options menu.
-some kind of chroot options... ie. make homebrew nds executing dir the pseudo-root dir or a dir in that dir called root. this way homebrew doesnt write crap into my real root root dir... also for security.
-whatever other options people would want more out of dldi
*these work the same way as other patching menus where theres defaults and per app over-rides

2) make (x) button the cheats or a pathcing menu that includes a cheats menu as well as other patching options(see 1) instead of switching devices (rpg)
-there are already 2 buttons i can use in the menus to go up a directory.. B and L. although they do different things, b and r work the same in the file system explorer. If anything, make L the device switch on an rpg and work like dir-up on an acecard2/ak+. it just seems redundant to have 3 buttons that can get me to the root device when we the menus are as cramped as they are.
EDIT: fixed my lydexia

3) some kind of smart directory caching...
-it should be faster to do this instead of load the directory EVERY time.
a) read the fat for the to-be-loaded directory and md5/crc the output
b) look for that dirs dir.dat file (in the directory) and see if they match
c) if no match.. write all the rom and file info (including icons?) info into the dir.dat file including the new md5/crc
d) read the dir.dat file instead of reading all the info off every file in the directory.

oh well just my two-cents. at least #2 shouldn't be _that_ hard to do. #1 doesn't sound too hard to me but i couldn't do it, so take my comments with plenty of salt. #3 may be uselss if it ends up taking the same amount of time no matter what... (i just started putting my roms into sub-directories) :shrug:

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
f3l1x said:
2) make (x) button the cheats or a pathcing menu that includes a cheats menu as well as other patching options(see 1) instead of switching devices (rpg)
-there are already 2 buttons i can use in the menus to go up a directory.. b and r. although they do different things, b and r work the same in the file system explorer. If anything, make R the device switch on an rpg and work like dir-up on an acecard2/ak+. it just seems redundant to have 3 buttons that can get me to the root device when we the menus are as cramped as they are.
I think you got confused between L and R since R changes the brightness.

But other than that i totally agree with you having 2 buttons doing the same thing is useless.

NAND MicroSD = L
Cheats = X

Would be really convenient

f3l1x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swip said:
f3l1x said:
-there are already 2 buttons i can use in the menus to go up a directory.. b and r. although they do different things, b and r work the same in the file system explorer. If anything, make R the device switch on an rpg and work like dir-up on an acecard2/ak+. it just seems redundant to have 3 buttons that can get me to the root device when we the menus are as cramped as they are.
I think you got confused between L and R since R changes the brightness.

But other than that i totally agree with you having 2 buttons doing the same thing is useless.

NAND MicroSD = L
Cheats = X

Would be really convenient

Yes i really am dyslexic and i did mean L ..
tongue.gif
... changing that now thanks
smile.gif

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why, you can't count past twelve? Buy a math book.

One thing I think is necessitated, you'll probably want to look into making the dialogs that display system options, patches, etc scrollable, just because you can't fit any more should you need to append additional preferences.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lo