Hacking Some questions for 4.2 update...

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I am new to the scene and that's the reason that I am pretty scared.
Any answer will bring some light to my lack of knowledge for homebrew methods.I have all the custom IOSes also installed(249,222,223) and I am using Wiiflow for my backups.
I installed HBC 1.05,the new bootmii and the new DVDX.As of now I have NO intention to update officially by Nintendo,but I am worried for some things.

1)With the release of a new Nintendo title,almost certainly I will be forced to a disc update.By installing Waninkoko's 4.2 updater,can I overcome this?I mean,is it possible to cheat the disc NOT to prompt for an update?

2)If I use ONCE Waninkoko's updater,am I screwed for the rest of my Wii's life by not be able never again officially update?Am I obliged to wait another unoficial updater release for every Nintendo update for now on?

3)Without officially updating,I can not use the Wii shop Channel.If I use the latest WiiSCU to access it,what will happen if I accidentally or forced update through Nintendo?Is it possible the Nintendo update to check that I am not using an official one for the Shop Channel and brick my system?

4)Is it a good idea to wait for a new IOS custom exploit before officially update?That way,the update will virginize my Wii but after that,I could use the new custom IOS.(I am scared,I know...)

5)Finally,if I update through Nintendo (having the latest HBC installed,so there is no way to lose it),are there any risks that the update will brick my Wii because I have custom IOSes installed?

Thanks in advance...

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
1. NO... use preloader to block updates
2. NO... You can still update officially
3. Nintendo will never intentionally brick a wii. Nintendo will not know if you use WiiSCU
4. There is no need to update at all in any form. Wait until everything is fixed to work on the 4.2 before doing anything or you could lose everything
5. There is ALWAYS a chance to brick your wii when updating even if you have a brand new virgin Wii

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wiistarter said:
1. NO... use preloader to block updates
2. NO... You can still update officially
3. Nintendo will never intentionally brick a wii. Nintendo will not know if you use WiiSCU

actually...

1: if the update on a disc is older than your wii system, it won't update... so if you're on 4.1 you should not have to worry for a while, as no games will have the 4.2 update... and even then, the disc won't force update your wii, it will ask you to update (this is what I read, I use preloader to block all updates whatsoever
tongue.gif
)
2: of course, but it will, as of 4.2, render your cIOSes useless, and fixing all trucha signed IOSes.
3: I read about some form of anti-hacking plan DirecTV used a couple of years ago, bricking all hacked cards, who knows nintendo is planning something like that?

but we shouldn't have to worry about that for a while, hopefully
tongue.gif
as of yet, there is no reason whatsoever to update your wii...

phantagom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiistarter said:

Well they are now bricking intentionally region converted Korean Wii's they are getting a 003 Error

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for your answers!
But it is something else that bothers me right now...

Let's say I am forced someday to officially update in order to play a game(NSMB Wii,Super Mario Galaxy 2 etc.) I have an idea but I don't know how feasible is.

1)Update to the latest versions HBC,DVDX and BootMii.
2)Uninstall manually all the custom IOSes(249,222,223)
3)Update through Nintendo,virginize Wii but keep HBC.
4)After that,install manually again custom IOS 249,222 and 223.

Can it work?And is step 2 really necessary?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D