Xandu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello I have some questions concerning the Nintendo Wii and stuff..

So after my old anonymous modchip had broken after a PS2 mod guy's attempt to install a D2CKEY on my D2A Wii failure, I bought the Wiikey. But, I haven't installed it yet so I have some questions.

1. Where can I find an extreme noob Wiikey installation guide for someone who has some solder experience but never soldered Wii chips before, my uncle is going to do that.

2. Should I update my Wii to the latest update or does that disable the modchip I'm installing?

Thanks in advance,
Xandu.

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
ive got a wiikey with a wiiclip V3.

the clip works fine for me. Pushed down, piece of paper over the top of it, and i dont move my wii about.

It works fine after its been updated to use 1.9s

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't want to solder, you should get the Wii-Clip V3. It's not really recommended to update to 3.3 because of the blocking of Trucha Signed discs, but the Gecko OS can boot these. It doesn't disable the chip, it can still be used, it's just that Trucha signing no longer works.

Xandu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
I already have a Wiikey, I'm not buying another chip.

Anyway we tried to solder but the solder points are SO CLOSE. If we try to solder we might get a short circuit. Any ideas?

wiikey-nintendo-wii-board-zoom.gif

See 6 and the one next to it??

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
The wii-clip isn't another chip. You solder the wiikey to the wii-clip and just clip the wii-clip onto the chipset, so you can remove it easily in case you do it wrong.

Xandu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Yeah ok, but I have to buy that too right? Shipping here isn't that easy they might send it after 6 months or something!! Any other solutions?

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Xandu said:
Yeah ok, but I have to buy that too right? Shipping here isn't that easy they might send it after 6 months or something!! Any other solutions?
You can buy them from retailers in this country. And if it took a retailer 6 months to send it, then they provide really bad service.

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xandu said:
I already have a Wiikey, I'm not buying another chip.

Anyway we tried to solder but the solder points are SO CLOSE. If we try to solder we might get a short circuit. Any ideas?

See 6 and the one next to it??

Why don't you just connect the wiikey using wires or something? That'd probably be much easier. It sounds like you were just trying to solder the wiikey directly to the board?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY