Hacking Some questions about USB loader, cIOS and Rock Band etc.

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
Sorry for spamming but I really need an answer before I'm gonna mess with my Wii again:

1. Is it possible that everything works correctly and USB loader just says the same thing for 3 USB sticks and one HDD (taking 30 seconds, saying my USB device runs slow and in the end saying no USB device was detected)?
2. I should be one cIOS rev13b, but I may have overwritten some IOS's such as 37, to have Rock Band/Guitar Hero function properly. If I add a new cIOS will I be able to play Rock Band normally using both USB slots for instruments through the disc channel (since I have a wiikey)?
3. Will the Rock Band Store crack still function properly?
4. Which cIOS should I get? The ones I see often are rev17, rev19 and rev20b?

If you can't answer all 4 questions, that's okay, but any answered question is a question less for me to worry about. Thanks a lot!

ORIGINAL POST:
QUOTE said:
Hi all,

My Wii is a PAL console on 3.1 and I have a wiikey v1 firmware 1.99

I haven't used my Wii much the last year or so, so haven't really been up to date with everything that happened in homebrew land.

Since my disc drive has trouble reading dual layer discs, I want to use USB loader for Metroid and Smash Bros. I've tried to connect my HD (an enclosed Hitachi drive), but it says I have a slow USB device and doesn't connect to it. It does get power from the wii though, since I can hear it spin.

I've tried 3 different USB sticks (Corsair, Kingston and Sony I think) and everything has the same result as described above.

Now here's the thing: I've installed cios rev13a once, but I MIGHT (not sure, since it's long ago) have uninstalled it (is that even possible?) when I wanted to crack the Rock Band store. I vaguely remember there were some complications

I might want to experiment with adding the newest cios (or should I choose another one instead of rev 20b?). Will the cIOS bring conflics with the Rock Band store hack and/or rawkSD?

Am I missing a step somewhere? I find it hard to believe my wii can't find any USB storage device I put in there.

Any help is much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 person

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
Have you installed ANY new things at all recently??? Do you have Hermes??? what version of cIOS do you have??

I don't have Hermes installed, don't really know what that is either
tongue.gif

Is it possible to uninstall cIOS? If not, I'm definitely on rev13a. Otherwise I might not have it, in that case I need advice in which one I should get and if it will break the rock band shop crack.

Thanks for the reply btw!
smile.gif

Rammoth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for spamming but I really need an answer before I'm gonna mess with my Wii again:

1. Is it possible that everything works correctly and USB loader just says the same thing for 3 USB sticks and one HDD (taking 30 seconds, saying my USB device runs slow and in the end saying no USB device was detected)?
2. I should be one cIOS rev13b, but I may have overwritten some IOS's such as 37, to have Rock Band/Guitar Hero function properly. If I add a new cIOS will I be able to play Rock Band normally using both USB slots for instruments through the disc channel (since I have a wiikey)?
3. Will the Rock Band Store crack still function properly?
4. Which cIOS should I get? The ones I see often are rev17, rev19 and rev20b?

If you can't answer all 4 questions, that's okay, but any answered question is a question less for me to worry about. Thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1