Some questions about 3ds spotpass and updates...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DarkCoffe64, Mar 30, 2011.

1. DarkCoffe64
    OP

Member DarkCoffe64 GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Hello guys. I've recently bough a 3ds and update my acekard 2i so it would run on it.
    But there are some things that I would like to be clear about.
    You know about the "Spotpass" function, no? So, from what I did read, if the 3ds finds
    a wi-fi spot or something like that, it would download new stuff, like videos, info about games,
    and, the point of this topic, mini-updates (the one that the 3ds does automatically),
    as I call them. Now to the questions:
    1) If the 3ds does a mini-update and then, I try to play with my acekard, will it work?
    Or the 3ds won't recognize the acekard?
    2) If the 3ds does a mini-update while the acekard is in the 3ds, will it brick it or something like that?
    Citing an article that I've read on the Acekard forum...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    3) Is there any way to "block" these updates? IIRC, the 3ds said you can decide what the Spotpass function
    will download, if I have read right...

And something that has nothing to do with updates...
    Can you change games when the console si on? Like the wii?
    Or you have to always shut the console to change games?

Thanks in advance

P.S.
    I'm Italian, so that's why maybe there are some errors or you can't understand what I wrote. Sorry.

2. DarkCoffe64
    OP

Italy
  3. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

4. DarkCoffe64
    OP

Italy
    Ehm... I think you're confusing the updates... I mean, the one that install automatically.
    Like with the Wii with Wiiconnect24, that every now and then, does an "update" that, if you had
    homebrew on the console, removes them and puts the console with the original firmware or something like that.
    It's because I would not like that my acekard suddebly bricks or what while I'm playing online with it. [​IMG]

P.S. Thanks for the compliment. [​IMG] I through that I did wrote something strange, but I wasnt sure...

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    As has been said many times, Nintendo isn't going to risk the backlash (legal and otherwise) of them destroying the hardware you paid for.

Sony is already fighting a similar battle and, if their actions are any indication, appear to know they are on the losing side.