OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, long time since I asked for help here

I am trying to do a good turn and help out my nephew

He has a UK 2DS which is running 7.1.0-14E and the browser version is 1.7552

I was told that I could simply use the browser to access homebrew (which i could then use to update to 9.2) but I have tried browserhax a few times with no success

So is there any free way of using homebrew on 7.1 or is a purchase required ?

Thanks in advance

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Reactions: peteruk

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, browserhax doesn't work on 7.1.0 because the homebrew launcher is only working in 9.2.0 and up however, he can use Decrypt9 with the internet browser.

OP, follow this guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/

Browserhax works, the hb_launcher doesn't work, which is why I gave him exactly the same link.

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thank you both for clarifying this and for the link to this specific guide, I am in D9 first attempt so it works which is great

is there any way using D9 for me to access HBL or more specific sysupdater ?? I have the update files for 9.2 which is where i want to get to

so from D9 can i get to sysupdater somehow please ?

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Browserhax works, the hb_launcher doesn't work, which is why I gave him exactly the same link.
Actually what you call "Browserhax" is just the gateway website that launch Launcher.dat and not boot.3dsx so no, it's not browserhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you both for clarifying this and for the link to this specific guide, I am in D9 first attempt so it works which is great

is there any way using D9 for me to access HBL or more specific sysupdater ?? I have the update files for 9.2 which is where i want to get to

Please follow the guide, it will help you to install a9lh, don't follow only step 1, do all the steps.

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If you want to be able to install HBL directly on your home menu, and actually be able to update to the latest firmware, you should really follow all the steps of the guide buddy. It is possible to go directly to 9.2.0, but you won't be able to install al9h, so no HBL directly on home menu. Let me know if you don't care about a9lh and just want to go to 9.2.0

peteruk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@antiNT I wasn't really looking to A9LH this one (my own N3DS XL is already A9LH)

I just want to get this 2DS upto 9.2 so he can use the HBL

Is it possible ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to be able to install HBL directly on your home menu, and actually be able to update to the latest firmware, you should really follow all the steps of the guide buddy. It is possible to go directly to 9.2.0, but you won't be able to install al9h, so no HBL directly on home menu. Let me know if you don't care about a9lh and just want to go to 9.2.0

thanks for the detailed reply, really I just want to take this one to 9.2, not wanting A9LH

can you assist me in taking it to 9.2 ?

thanks

Firemoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Firemoon,

Vorad032

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: I FIXED IT , I had to cart update it with Smash bros and then Recovery mode update it :)

Browserhax for 7.1.0 should work fine, try to reset your internet data in the browser's settings. It's the last option I think. I invite you to follow this awesome guide.
FUCK , I followed one of the guides up to thr ctrtransfer bit and on the bit where it says :
  1. "If you do not already have a NAND backup, backup SysNAND to NANDmin.bin when prompted by pressing (A)"

on the link at https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

I accidentally pressed B and It did something and I rebooted my system to a black screen . Then I took out the SD card and this happened. do you know how to fix this
WIN_20161126_20_07_29_Pro.jpg
WIN_20161126_20_07_16_Pro.jpg

Last edited by Vorad032,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...