Hacking Some general questions on M3 real + iSakuReal

yoniwei

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, so I just finished up setting my card and everything and I had a couple questions (I am using the rumble+ram pack in slot 2). Browsing through the forums I got the answers to some of these questions, but I just want confirmations for some because the posts were written more than half a year ago.

Is the rumble part of the rumble/ram pack fixed with Sakura? I tried Diddy Kong Racing on Touchpod and rumble worked but it didn't on Sakura.

I have both an M3 SD and an old timer EFA linker (256 Mb norflash). If I want to boot GBA games using either cart with the M3 real is it possible? (Not that I can't just load it from either cart itself, just wondering.)

Also, I had an issue yesterday where club house games said format error when trying to boot up, I reformatted my micro sd as fat32 and then it worked, but I didn't notice any rumble. When is this game supposed to rumble if I want to test, if it does rumble at all (I was under the impression it did though).

Also, I have previously flashme'd my families/friends DS's to work with download play with M3 sd, do I need to launch with Y for it to work, or since there is no RSA check it will still work?

I'm new to this card and was just wondering if there was ever a fix to not immediately load to the M3 real and just go to firmware, or if the m3 team just forgot about it/can't do it.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yoniwei said:
OK, so I just finished up setting my card and everything and I had a couple questions (I am using the rumble+ram pack in slot 2). Browsing through the forums I got the answers to some of these questions, but I just want confirmations for some because the posts were written more than half a year ago.

Is the rumble part of the rumble/ram pack fixed with Sakura? I tried Diddy Kong Racing on Touchpod and rumble worked but it didn't on Sakura.
Some features of Sakura don't work as well because it's an unofficial translation. For those features you'll have to use Touchpod.

I have both an M3 SD and an old timer EFA linker (256 Mb norflash). If I want to boot GBA games using either cart with the M3 real is it possible? (Not that I can't just load it from either cart itself, just wondering.)
You'll have to boot into the slot2's firmware to boot GBA games. If you want to load GBA games directly off the M3 Real, get the M3 Expansion Pack.

Also, I had an issue yesterday where club house games said format error when trying to boot up, I reformatted my micro sd as fat32 and then it worked, but I didn't notice any rumble. When is this game supposed to rumble if I want to test, if it does rumble at all (I was under the impression it did though).
I'm not familiar with these games and rumble support, so I can't really help you there. I'd get rid of the rumble though. It's just a battery drainer.

Also, I have previously flashme'd my families/friends DS's to work with download play with M3 sd, do I need to launch with Y for it to work, or since there is no RSA check it will still work?
With a slot1, flashme is really pointless. I'd uninstall flashme with the tool here: http://opium.gbatemp.net/flashme/noflashme.nds

I'm new to this card and was just wondering if there was ever a fix to not immediately load to the M3 real and just go to firmware, or if the m3 team just forgot about it/can't do it.
It's not a feature that can be implemented from my understanding. The reason it's there is because the Touchpod firmware is used on the G6 Real and that feature can be implemented on that. Long story short it's not coming anytime soon.
Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?