violinaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I eventually bought a DSLite and decided on a DS-X for the time being.

I flashed it to the latest firmware and it seems to be working fine-ish.

My main problem is with MarioKartDS. I have tried all regions and still the game hangs in between races on Grand Prix mode (at random). On the compatibility wiki list, it says there are no problems, but could this be down to most people having their DS's for ages and completing MarioKart before getting their DS-X's, therefore never fully testing the game on a DS-X?
wtf.gif

Also I have noticed very slight slowdown occasionally in Tony Hawk American Sk8land.

Every other game has been playing and saving fine, also homebrew and the DS browser (i have a memory expansion).

krad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I meant I updated my DS-X firmware to 1.0.2 - I havent flashed my DS! (my bad
smile.gif
)

I was only having issues with castlevania portrait of ruins... freezing....

so i ended up saving all my crap off the cart.... used the swissknife tool and did a low level format.

I then re-applyed the 1.02 firmware...

I then did another low level format with swissknife

I then loaded my games back.....

I haven't had a freeze yet...

WHere were my freezes??????

1# selecting which painting i wanted to warp to... selecting other areas, froze the game....
2# sometimes when i hit start to see my stats

Never had a freeze talking to wind.

I did the mentioned steps above a week ago and tacked on another 10 hours of gameplay.

violinaling

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After playing my DS-X a lot today, it is definitely faulty. In a cold room in my house it is fine, but when it warms up, i get crashes all the time.

Its a shame really, because my ds always sees and loads the DS-X. I have read of similar faults, so will return it.

After waiting soooo long for my DS-X this is v annoying and I will try something else after it has been thoroughly reviewed
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo