Some code help for libnds

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Morgawr, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Morgawr
    OP

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    Hello everyone, I know maybe I shouldn't be posting here about code help or anything like that (maybe I should've gone to a more appropriated forums) but I like this place and it's the best forums around for hacking and homebrew so I wanted to try.. you can always lock this topic if you find it inappropriate..

anyways, three days ago I started programming for homebrew with libnds and devkitARM on the DS and, after following the tutorials and doing some non-graphical tests (like messing around with system input-output and basic clock libraries and stuff) I wanted to give a go to the graphical part of this console.

Reading back on the examples there's the part where you have to initialize the different backgrounds on the screen, and there's a part that isn't clear to me:

CODEvoid initBackgrounds() {
    ÂÂÂÂ/*ÂÂSet up affine background 3 on main as a 16-bit color background. */
    ÂÂÂÂREG_BG3CNT = BG_BMP16_256x256 |
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BG_BMP_BASE(0) | // The starting place in memory
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BG_PRIORITY(3); // A low priority

ÂÂÂÂ/*ÂÂSet the affine transformation matrix for the main screen background 3
    ÂÂÂÂ *ÂÂto be the identity matrix.
    ÂÂÂÂ */
    ÂÂÂÂREG_BG3PA = 1

2. Jeremysr

Jeremysr Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2006
    Canada
    Kamsack, Saskatchewan, Canada
  3. Morgawr
    OP

Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Dec 18, 2008
    Italy
    Thanks a lot, really.. but why I can't find lots of functions (that I saw in other examples) in THIS API documentation? It should be the official one, and the one you linked is different (also it has stuff in japanese that I can't read..)

so, is there a better API documentation (English preferably) that I could browse? D:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice