Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, I know maybe I shouldn't be posting here about code help or anything like that (maybe I should've gone to a more appropriated forums) but I like this place and it's the best forums around for hacking and homebrew so I wanted to try.. you can always lock this topic if you find it inappropriate..

anyways, three days ago I started programming for homebrew with libnds and devkitARM on the DS and, after following the tutorials and doing some non-graphical tests (like messing around with system input-output and basic clock libraries and stuff) I wanted to give a go to the graphical part of this console.

Reading back on the examples there's the part where you have to initialize the different backgrounds on the screen, and there's a part that isn't clear to me:

CODEvoid initBackgrounds() {
ÂÂÂÂ/*ÂÂSet up affine background 3 on main as a 16-bit color background. */
ÂÂÂÂREG_BG3CNT = BG_BMP16_256x256 |
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BG_BMP_BASE(0) | // The starting place in memory
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ BG_PRIORITY(3); // A low priority

ÂÂÂÂ/*ÂÂSet the affine transformation matrix for the main screen background 3
ÂÂÂÂ *ÂÂto be the identity matrix.
ÂÂÂÂ */
ÂÂÂÂREG_BG3PA = 1

Morgawr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Jeremysr said:
Patater's manual recommends this site for learning how to use the affine transformation matrix: http://www.coranac.com/tonc/text/affine.htm

And yes, there is a simple function (or macro) that swaps the screens: lcdSwap().

Thanks a lot, really.. but why I can't find lots of functions (that I saw in other examples) in THIS API documentation? It should be the official one, and the one you linked is different (also it has stuff in japanese that I can't read..)

so, is there a better API documentation (English preferably) that I could browse? D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night