Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As i posted in the g6 1GB?? topic
I've found that my g6lite(4Gb) is in reality a 2Gb version
anyone got this problem?
to users who has problems running games on g6lite(4Gb), try to delete games so you don't use more than 230MByte

asasega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
so as you know, and i hope that others know too
notations Gb=gigabit
GB=gigabyte
1GB=8x1Gb
internal speed are measured in GB
external speed are measured in Gb
G6 are in 3 variations 1Gb,2Gb,4Gb
My 4Gb g6lite is in reality a 2Gb version, so i was tricked:(
I saw that some users had the same problems like me, like games not working if there are many games on the card
Windows, gnu/linux, freebsd they are seeing my card as a 4Gb(512MB) card but if a add games after i reach 256MB, they are not working anymore(why? it's obvious they are above the 256MB limit)

P.S.: "As i posted in the g6 1GB?? topic " this was the name of the topic
if you look closely, further down in the comment when i'm reffering to the g6 i used the Gb notation

cheers
smile.gif

jpx86

Trophies
XP
Country
what are you talking about internal and external speeds? that doesn't even make sense.

anyways, are you able to add roms past 256MB and they just don't work, or can you not even add them past that? what size does it show up in my computer as? as far as i know there is only a 4Gb version

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try formatting again.

There is no way that a G6 Lite can be 2Gb, they only make them in 4Gb. The 1Gb and 2Gb was the G6 3rd generation, which will not come in a Lite form.

asasega

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i've done 3 lowlevel format already
it's always the same, the mutility from the G6Lite CD sees my card az a 1GB(1gigabyte)(i know that is weird, but that's the truth)
yes i can put files up to 1GB(1gigabyte) but only the first 256 megabytes are working, thus leaving me with the idea that in reality the card is only 2Gb(gigabit)=256MB(megabyte)
anyway i don't care as long as i can play games, the whole idea about my post is to let people know that maybe some g6lite has this problem, and this is the motive that games are not working if there are too many on the card

P.S.: in the other topic where i posted that the gba games are not working, and after a format they were working
it was the same problem, i mean, offcourse they were working after a format because i added the game right after the format thus the gba games that i've tried were in the first 256 MB of the card

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that you missed the blatantly obvious.

That your G6 is defective and you should RMA it for another unit, instead of posting FUD about being scammed.

This is what Outphase gets so mad about......

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 4Gb g6lite is in reality a 2Gb version, so i was tricked:(
I saw that some users had the same problems like me, like games not working if there are many games on the card
Windows, gnu/linux, freebsd they are seeing my card as a 4Gb(512MB) card but if a add games after i reach 256MB, they are not working anymore(why? it's obvious they are above the 256MB limit)
One thing that is painfully obvious is that if you can fit more than 256 on the card than you have more than a 2gb version. Pretty obvious, don't you think? Get a 1gig flash stick and then try to cram 2 gigs on it. It won't let you. try to put more than 512 on the G6 light and it won't let you because............you reached the limit. I have run into issues where things start to go screwy when I am getting close to the limit and taking games off "fixes: it but that is only because the card needed to be reformatted. your problem is that you have been doing this soft reformat and then using utilities to try to put stuff back on. Nonsense. just do a thorough reformat with fat16, create 2 folders (gba and ds) and be done with it. or, like someone else already said, stop claiming falsely that the card is less than 4gb and start claiming yours is broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo