Some Animal Crossing Cheats Don't Work

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by NDSTemp50, Jun 24, 2009.

Jun 24, 2009
  1. NDSTemp50
    OP

Newcomer NDSTemp50 Advanced Member

United States
    Hey, this is my first post sry if this is the wrong place to ask for help about this, but here i go. I have a R4DS and i'm tryin to get some cheats to work, ive downloaded Narin's cheats and patched my frimware with yasu's patch, now all the cheats except Text to Item and Real Time World Edit. Can someone plz tell me how to get these to work. I don't want people to say you shouldn't cheat on Animal Crossing because iv'e already decided the game is funner to me that way, i also don't want people to tell me to use animal map because i use it already and it would be more conveinient to have those cheats. Thank You in advance if you help fix my problem.

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    not all cheats for animal crossing will work well on flash cart
    i suggest you use r4 1.18 not ysmenu to play
    see whether those not working cheats will work or not

EDIT: thanks, Senbonzaku101 for the clarification

3. Senbonzaku101

Member Senbonzaku101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It's been a while since I've downloaded one of Narin's databases, but I don't recall the instructions to individual cheats being included. I'm assuming the cheats are those from dragonboy269, Virus, and A_Random_Person of the Kodewerx forums.

dragonboy269 instructions for Text to Item
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

His instructions for Real Time Acre edit
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Almost all of this page is his codes, so scroll down and find the code you have if these instructions did not work.

4. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    it doesn't work on r4 kernel 1.18 either but thanks 4 trying

5. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    when i use these codes, animal crossing does not load all i get is a black screen but thnx for trying to help

6. Senbonzaku101

United States
    I've had that problem before. My only other suggestion is to make sure you have limited cheats active and verify the database isn't corrupted. I've had it corrupt on me before, the cheats were visible on R4 but none worked, but the database wasn't read by yasu's cheat editor.

What I did to fix it was open a downloaded database in R4cee (R4CheatCodeEditor by yasu), and save it as an R4 database under the save options. I'm not sure at what point the database corrupted though, it could have been when I copied it to MicroSD, or any other time I used it on R4. I would download the database again and retry, and if it doesn't work do the R4cee method I did.

7. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    the database in the r4cce doesn't have cheats for animal crossing. r u saying to add the ACWW cheats to it? because i did this and it doesn't work.

8. Senbonzaku101

United States
    When you open a new database it shouldn't have any cheats, as it's a fresh database. What I did was open one of Narin's databases, then re-save it as an R4 database.

I would also try removing a lot of the games you don't use, as that's been proven an R4 bug in the past. Although, I believe that bug wouldn't show cheats for any games even in the select menu on R4.

9. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    Correct me if im wrong but, from what ur saying i should open narins cheat database and resave i as as an r4 database and delete all the games you don't use right? Well if thats what you want me to do theres some problems: when i try to open narins cheat database a message pops up saying the r4cce has encountered a problem and needs to close and there are two choices close or debug (i picked close) so i cant get narins cheat database to open in r4cce so i just put the correctly named file in the _system_ folder and all the cheats work except text to item and realtime world edit.

10. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    It seems like you can get those animal crossing cheats to work can you give me the database or you don't have the database because you dont care for the game and your just trying to help me?

11. Senbonzaku101

United States
    I played AC:WW in the past, so I have both US versions on my R4, I can't get them to work either, sorry NDSTemp50.

Edit: I would test the codes on an original cart, but due to moving, I can't try until August.

12. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    So i should test the codes they put on the r4 kernel? Sorry if i seem slow.

13. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    I don't think you saw one of my posts make sure you see the one before this post and the ninth post

14. Senbonzaku101

United States
    I'm not sure what you mean, I meant that I tried them today and couldn't get them to work. I think you're asking if you should try using them with the R4 firmware instead of YSMenu. You can try, but I couldn't get them to work on mine.

15. Nugg2396

Member Nugg2396 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    same prob here. i cant get those 2 codes to work on my ysmenu

16. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    since both firmware doesn't work
    just give up hope then
    as mentioned not all cheat codes will work on flash cart / all flash cart
    i believe if these codes are not broken then they are actually made for the actual AR device
    if any of your friend have this game and AR device
    just get them to try it out

17. NDSTemp50
    OP

United States
    Thnx everyone especially Senbonzaku101 for helping me. This forum is still alive anyone else who has sugggestions or anything to help solve my problem is welcome to post.

18. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    And Now its dead! LOL!