• Replies 116

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szyslak said:
gblock247 said:
So do I need to patch with all three or just the most updated?

Edit: I try to patch and it says original rom has wrong size and it turns the rom into a 0mb file, what the heck???
You only need to use the most recent patch.

The "orginal" rom has to be clean, untouched, untrimmed, unpatched, etc. The original 132 MB clean rom.

If you have a clean rom and you're getting that error, it means you are specifying the wrong file for the "original".

K I pull the ROM directly from the RAR file, using the dpspatcher, I selected the ROM, selected the patch, but when it comes time to select where to save the patched rom, what do I do? If it's select the same rom, that's what I've been doing and that's where the error comes up. I have no idea how to work this stuff (when it comes to patching)
frown.gif

P

pasc

OP
just select a path to save (e.g. desktop) and then write patched in the text field save that and click on patch. after some time there should be your game patched as: patched.nds in your outputlocation.

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"What % of the whole game is translated you think?
Will i be able to follow the storywith this patch etc.?"

The history wasn't translated(yet??)...

Only the most important menus were translated, as the effects of skills, the distribution of points, etc.. Anyway, it's veeeeery useful.

I'm anxious to see the next actualization.

Hispanicguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like someone else posted up, this doesnt work with supercard sd. I mean, you can patch the file fine but when you put the patched rom into the supercard program, what comes out is about a 900kb nds file..at least for me that's what happens.

jax32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine doesnt come out a 900kb file. Its stats about the same size as the patched rom. Still doesnt work on my supercard tho...

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How far can I go in this game if I know absolutely no Japanese. Can I do stuff like fight and progress (and save) easily with this patch?
And how do I apply it? Thanks.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Batman55 said:
How far can I go in this game if I know absolutely no Japanese. Can I do stuff like fight and progress (and save) easily with this patch?
And how do I apply it? Thanks.

well... if u're patient and dont care about getting anything from the storyline i believe you can finish it without big troubles...

since if u cant go on in the map... u have to go back to town and look for big dots

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your efforts to make a translation patch, and I'd like to help. I've created a string editor program that will hopefully speed up the process.

Download: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gmmv3v (requires .NET framework 2.0) [Note: If you're replacing an older version, you need to re-import your NDS file]
Update 03/10/08: added support for more files
Update 03/11/08: added support for batch export to/import from SJS files
Update 03/13/08: added support for compressed files... I never want to see another pointer table again
Update 03/14/08: added support for batch export to/import from Wikitable formatting
Update 03/15/08: fixed an issue with file size restrictions

I want to add support for the compressed strings, but I would need your help to figure out how to access them. I can also assist with the translation if you'd like.
Never mind, I figured out the compression on my own. Expect support for the remaining files soon. Remaining files added!

That should cover the interface. Any idea where the dialogue is stored?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y