ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Specifically, the only text that isn't translated is the encyclopedia; it works a bit like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn's Compendium, in that it provides a bit of background on the people and places in the game. It isn't necessary to complete the game, or even to understand the plot.

If you had bothered to read the last few posts, you'd know that, because it's what practically every post in the thread is about. In fact, DarthNemesis (the translator who made the patch) posted only a few posts above yours about how he plans to come back and finish this eventually, but other projects have gotten in the way.

Okay, thanks for answer.

umjammerlammy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi friends, we're a spanish group which wanna translate Soma bringer to our language. Everything is going well, the script is being translated and the Main menu textures were translated and inserted into the ROM too. But, we can't find the chapters textures, like the "Girl in the woods" one:
96895390.png

or this one which start: "A great ring envelops the earth... Beneath its warmth, the people are bathed in the power of Soma.":
93728957.png

I hope you could help us finding these kind of textures, cause we inspect all the .obp, .ntd and .dad files (Also some .dat files stored in the .IMG ones) and there's no result...
Thank you so much in advance!

martiano16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic! *claps wildly* *whistles* I just got this today and my word it looks amazing, I very much do appreciate the Translation. Thanks SOOO MUCH!!!!

You have my full support

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Wait... I thought this was going to be a good game... but it's so repetitive. And everything looks so dull, because playing all zoomed out is the most comfortable way. Compared to Blood of Bahamut, Phantasy Star Zero, Rune Factory 3... it just feels bland. I wish it was at least like PSZ and not top down. I choose Soma (mage) class, so that might make it even more boring for me... But I'm seriously so disappointed. Does it get better later on? If it does, how? I've played through the 1st cave so far.

Joltlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... I thought this was going to be a good game... but it's so repetitive. And everything looks so dull, because playing all zoomed out is the most comfortable way. Compared to Blood of Bahamut, Phantasy Star Zero, Rune Factory 3... it just feels bland. I wish it was at least like PSZ and not top down. I choose Soma (mage) class, so that might make it even more boring for me... But I'm seriously so disappointed. Does it get better later on? If it does, how? I've played through the 1st cave so far.

Most RPG games are based around repetition such as Blood of Bahamut, which you have stated is better than Soma Bringer, as well as the fact that RPG games cannot be judged based on the first level. If you want a proper idea of a game you have to play through at least two or three levels to understand it. I personally find it a good game that gives me exactly what I need and that doesn't mean that it is the best for you, it just means that everyone has a different opinion for certain games.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most RPG games are based around repetition such as Blood of Bahamut, which you have stated is better than Soma Bringer, as well as the fact that RPG games cannot be judged based on the first level. If you want a proper idea of a game you have to play through at least two or three levels to understand it. I personally find it a good game that gives me exactly what I need and that doesn't mean that it is the best for you, it just means that everyone has a different opinion for certain games.
I disagree, RPG games shouldn't get any special treatment. It doesn't matter if the game will be fun after I play it for 40 hours, why isn't it fun now? I understand your sentiment, but if the mechanics just don't click with you and the introduction to the story doesn't interest you even mildly, the game has failed at its primary purpose - entertaining the player. If it's dull, it's just dull, and the fun that happens after X hours is just bitter-sweet because you've spent a lot of time being bored out of your skull, there's just no coming back from that. I don't expect fireworks, not in the very opening, but the game should at least engage the player, make the player want to find out more, want to spend those X hours playing it, otherwise it's just a waste of time. Everybody has a different attention span and sometimes games are just not cut out for specific players. Just in the spirit of fairness though, I quite liked Soma Bringer - I think it's a good game, especially on a technological level.

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Now that I think about it more... I guess this game doesn't simply feel that special to me. Phantasy Star Zero is unique to me, because it's the closest thing to "3D Ds MMO", it's like a portable N64 MMO, which is really charming to me and it's propably the only of it's kind on the Ds. Blood of Bahamut's concept is quite unique too. You're fighting two things at the same time, one giant and lots of regular enemies and your goal is to attack different parts of the giant, there's just so much going on, that it feels much more special. Also, one thing I noticed those two game have that Soma Bringer doesn't, is dodging, which adds a lot into the combat. Rune Factory 3 doesn't have a dodging system, but combat is just one of the small things that game has to offer, so it's on a way another level.
So, even if Soma Bringer is a good game, it just doesn't feel unique enough to me and is just another hack and slash.

livingleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for wonderful patch and cool tools, I'm on Soma bringer's korean translation and your tools are so useful.
But if I doesn't bother you, can you let me know which tool when you edit .dat file?
The translation is almost done, but I got a trouble with changing opening's text img.
I use crystal tile2 but it doesn't work.
Can I have some advice? thanks in advence

Last edited by livingleaf,
Reactions: RikuKH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.