ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been discussed, i have tried to scan through the 96 pages, as huge a project as that sounds, but i do not understand how to translate the rom......can anybody help me out here?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1055114530-00.gif

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, i feel a bigger idiot now as looking at the links in that search the first is about ffiv, the second and third tells me to find kenowbi and the 4th is patching for r4/m3....ty anyway, i'll attempt on my own if not have to give it a miss, ty though
smile.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
infinete said:
Sorry if this has been discussed, i have tried to scan through the 96 pages, as huge a project as that sounds, but i do not understand how to translate the rom......can anybody help me out here?
Just download the patch file from the first post of this thread. Extract the .zip file and there is a readme.txt. This tells you how to do it step by step. If in doubt, just download, silly
tongue.gif

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wesleytamm said:
I can't wait to see this completed. ( If it will be?) Seems it hasn't been updated since 2009-02-02.. ):
Although, good work!

It's pretty much complete - the strings that aren't translated are extraneous, and the game can be fully enjoyed w/o them having been translated.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this is awesome, thanks guys!
Although, there's a little problem with my translated rom: the icon and game name aren't displayed on my AK2i.
It says "DS program file" as name and the icon is just a black&white DS.
Is it possible to edit the name & icon?

edit: when I check the rom with ndsheader, it displays the original name & icon though...weird.
unsure.gif

G-Han

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just still haven't finished it. Gave up playing when I became pretty sick, so I really need to finish it this summer. Then I'll try to finish up those final 2%.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
absolutezero has still a lot to do and there still is the beta test period , the ash translation seems complete in 99% and the beta test started 3 months ago or so

Menes07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm may i ask something ....

after i used the translator , the drag the ROM here file ,

when i played Soma Bringer , it has no problems in game , but

there is this one really problem , i played for about 4 hrs straight , im in act 2 in the orbitals thing

teh problem is that after i saved a couple of times , i decided to turn off my Ds for a while..

after a couple of minutes after i've turn on and decided to play again , poof ... New Game ... my save file was lost ..

btw , im using EGDE flashkart .. did someone experienced that problem too ? and how to solve it .. thanks in advance

Edit : is the completion of the translation affects the save files ?

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not complaining about a 98% translation, but I am just wondering, is it ever gonna be completed?

HAving the entire thing done would be nice. Just noticed this has been stalled since February, was wondering if it was still in progress or over.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menes07 said:
Umm may i ask something ....

after i used the translator , the drag the ROM here file ,

when i played Soma Bringer , it has no problems in game , but

there is this one really problem , i played for about 4 hrs straight , im in act 2 in the orbitals thing

teh problem is that after i saved a couple of times , i decided to turn off my Ds for a while..

after a couple of minutes after i've turn on and decided to play again , poof ... New Game ... my save file was lost ..

btw , im using EGDE flashkart .. did someone experienced that problem too ? and how to solve it .. thanks in advance

Edit : is the completion of the translation affects the save files ?

This is more an issue for the Help section, but the translation shouldn't affect saves. Maybe you accidently deleted the save? I found myself doing that on my Steal Princess save when I was deleting crappy games off my card. Either that or it's some unknown area.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica