ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

zergslayer69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question: Instead of modifying the cheat file to match the game's ID. Is it possible to change the game's ID to match the cheat file instead? Perhaps some hex editor? Or is the game's ID after patching locked at a certain code?

fusoya59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wows! It's been a while since I've dropped by this thread.

I'm happy for Darth and everyone else who was involved in this project! It's almost unbelievable that it's 96% complete. (In comparison, Mother 3 took years to complete.) I remember working on this months ago, but with school and all, I kinda lost track of the project.

But really, I'm very grateful for Darth's (and everyone else who contributed) work and dedication to this project. The execution of it is near perfect. I think if there are other ROM translation projects out there, the team should use Darth's model (wiki, progress charts, tools, etc) to keep on track and keep motivated.

Well done everyone.

samuraibunny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
samuraibunny said:
Hehe Moo said:
War said:
Hm...dunno if we're allowed to discuss this here, but...

Does anyone have a good skill build for a mage? My LV14 mage seems to suck :\ I always seem to run out of MP very fast... and my skills aren't that good. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lol. Just get lots of Soma Crystals and set them to a key. Press L to go to Pocket Mode and you'll heal your SP very often.

Anyhows... What happens if I use the patch on my Soma Bringer now? I've already finished the game and if I use the patch will it wreck my save file? What will happen? Thx.

It shouldn't wreck your save because all you're doing is patching your ROM.

If I'm only patching my ROM (forgive me for adding emphasis like you lol), will my save file work with it fully? I mean, do I have to do anything after patching?

Haha. It's not that I'm doing it for emphasis (although it does seem like it...
biggrin.gif
), that's just how I usually type it.

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Hi, DarthNemesis.
How about add -0 (no compression?) option to xdelta? I know the result is bigger, but zip file is smaller than before. (about 40-50 kbyes?)

Sorry to bother you. xD

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac users, there is now an OSX build of xdelta available in the OP.

zergslayer69 said:
Question: Instead of modifying the cheat file to match the game's ID. Is it possible to change the game's ID to match the cheat file instead? Perhaps some hex editor? Or is the game's ID after patching locked at a certain code?I have no idea how the game ID is calculated. If it's a checksum of the entire game then no, there's not much I can do about it changing.

QUOTE(kjean @ Oct 6 2008, 12:46 AM) Hi, DarthNemesis.
How about add -0 (no compression?) option to xdelta? I know the result is bigger, but zip file is smaller than before. (about 40-50 kbyes?)
Good find, but is 40-50kb a big deal to people? I'd prefer not to change the format and have different versions of the patcher...

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, this game was not on my radar at all, and i was recently told about it. I'm going to be checking it out tonight, and i cannot wait.

My reason for this post is to greatly thank Darth and everyone else thats been working on it. You guys are kicking ass with this translation, and i just wanted to say thanks, and keep up the great work. w00t!

wub.gif

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Soma Bringer in the USA TBA 2008

So hopefully the US release will come out soon. Though great work for everyone who has worked on the translating.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bangbanger said:

So hopefully the US release will come out soon. Though great work for everyone who has worked on the translating.

Excuse me, but where did you find this information?

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
bangbanger said:

Ign, gamespy and probably a few other sites.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bangbanger said:
Mac2492 said:
bangbanger said:

that's really old news

Banger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
bangbanger said:
Mac2492 said:
bangbanger said:

that's really old news

Well he asked...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...