ROM Hack Soma Bringer Open Translation

lazyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i've got my rom translated only till the 2nd part..with the animal thingies,didnt knew that till i got there,and the game realy got me going( played it untill 4 am xD) so i was wondering if i could "detrimm" my version and install a larger patch..is there a way to do so or do i have to take a raw one,patch it and start from the begining?(took me a couple of hours to get where i curently am),any type of help is greatly apreciated

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazyo said:
i've got my rom translated only till the 2nd part..with the animal thingies,didnt knew that till i got there,and the game realy got me going( played it untill 4 am xD) so i was wondering if i could "detrimm" my version and install a larger patch..is there a way to do so or do i have to take a raw one,patch it and start from the begining?(took me a couple of hours to get where i curently am),any type of help is greatly apreciated
I have no idea what you just said.

Edit: Saved games will work with any version of the patch, but you must apply a new patch to the original (unpatched, untrimmed) ROM.

lazyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok..this time i'm gonna try some more.So i've got my rom off isohunt and realy,realy liked it,but i was in shock when i found out it was only translated till the 2nd act( that means the prologue and the 1st act were translated).Though the quest log is still in english the game has no fun if i can't find out more about the storyline in game. i got a patch and i believe its Darthnemesis's though i got it from another forum ( can't remember which) and when i try to "install" the patch ( drop the room on the batch file) it says that my version is already patched or trimmed.Now i'm wondering if there is a way to install darth"s patch or do i have to get a raw ,untranslated game version.also i dunno were the save files are,i use the no$ emulator.
P.S. This might sound realy stupid but can a trimmed version be "untrimmed" like returned to its original,raw form?im guessing cuz then i could install the patch.Also sorry that the first post had no sense ,don't want to get the wrong idea about my english just because i'm romanian(thats what the flag stands for)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hye Darth, I have a question. I hear that you only translated until the 4th Act, but I was wondering... you know how in the menu, there's like a little option that has a feather and it tells you what to do next? Is that translated past Act 4? Because honestly, the story is alright and all, but after a while it gets kind of repetitive, so I just skip it and check the log for what to do. If that's translated past Act 4, then I can finish the whole game.

EDIT: I found out it's called the "Scenario Log".

Btw, I wanna thank you for this translation patch. I didn't even know about this game, and it's so fun and amazing, it's not one of my top DS games.

Also, I'm gonna try and edit some of the grammatical errors on the wiki if I figure out how to...

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazyo said:
do i have to get a raw ,untranslated game versionYes.

lazyo said:
also i dunno were the save files are,i use the no$ emulator.
P.S. This might sound realy stupid but can a trimmed version be "untrimmed" like returned to its original,raw form?Your save file is in the BATTERY folder.

QUOTE(Warcueid @ Jul 28 2008, 03:47 PM)
If that's translated past Act 4, then I can finish the whole game.
Yes, it's complete.

M

multiboy2k

Darth,
I just want to thank you for all of your hard work man. You ARE appreciated greatly around here.

Thanks again!

lazyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
i know that this must've been asked a lot but could we get an estimative time of when the tranlatiomn will be finished?like 2 weeks-1 month?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, approx. 65% done already? Good job guys! I might just try this when it's complete, since I never played Soma Bringer. I gots the soundtrack if anyone wants.

Asitaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, 46 characters per box including spaces? ... well... I haven't been counting, but I try to keep it simple. Lately I've just been targetting act IV and other things I see haven't been translated, but if you have something you want me to focus on Nemesis, tell me and I'll go at it.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asitaka said:
So, 46 characters per box including spaces? ... well... I haven't been counting, but I try to keep it simple. Lately I've just been targetting act IV and other things I see haven't been translated, but if you have something you want me to focus on Nemesis, tell me and I'll go at it.
Again, it's not so simple as X characters per line. It could potentially be anywhere between 33 and 77 depending on the total width of the characters used. You can use the SomaFont program linked on the wiki to preview the lines, or you can test in-game if you prefer.
Anyway, there's no particular area that needs focus. Thanks for the contributions!

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthNemesis said:
@RvLeshrac

Regarding your recent comment on the wiki, it's nowhere near 23 characters per line since the font is variable-width. You can use SomaFont to preview lines, though.
Also, keep in mind the restriction of 2 lines per dialog box - if you go over, it will start a new box, so make sure to structure sentences accordingly.

Oops, I thought I saw "23 characters" somewhere (they say your mind is the first thing to go...). My bad. Reverted my edit 'til they get checked manually.

WarcueidHey I was wondering if someone could tell me how to edit the wiki so I can revise the script? Thanks.

Just head to the wiki, create an account, and use the "Edit" button on each page.

(make sure to comment your edits, so others can correct you when you do something like improperly reformat for an imagined number of characters per line. Sorry!)

contec94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey darth you noe the description for Darks at the beginning when ur choosing characters? is the word *mainly* supposed to be there cause it kinda doesn't make sense if u put it there and also the name *cane* would it be better if it was staff?

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm going on vacation for a week and I don't know what kind of internet access there will be, so the next update may be delayed a little.

contec94 said:
hey darth you noe the description for Darks at the beginning when ur choosing characters? is the word *mainly* supposed to be thereYeah, that looks weird.

QUOTE(contec94 @ Jul 31 2008, 02:50 AM) also the name *cane* would it be better if it was staff?
I don't know, staff seems too similar to pole.

Tigo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well staff is usually a magic rod sort of thingy for mages. ;x

hey darth, nice project :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

im a newb D:

yayodes01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
c'est que pour soma bringer ???
autant pour moi j'ai cru que ça marchai avec n'importe quel rom???
une autre application qui montrerai le texte des roms vous avez pas ça.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yayodes01 said:
quand je charge une rom!!!!!
help!!!
Pourtant j'ai framework v2 et v3 d'installer sur mon pcVotre catalogue somatemp contenant ce fichier? inner\data\data\layout\jp\mesys2.db
Si non, ce qui est dans le catalogue?

QUOTE(yayodes01 @ Aug 5 2008, 10:48 AM) c'est que pour soma bringer ???
autant pour moi j'ai cru que ça marchai avec n'importe quel rom???
une autre application qui montrerai le texte des roms vous avez pas ça.
Oui, l'application fonctionne exclusivement avec Soma Bringer. Pour les autres jeux, vous pouvez utiliser Atlas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y