1. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

I'd love to hear from any mac user who's successfully patched with the mac patch. I just used a PC, where the patch process is suprisingly mac simple.

That aside, its well past time I expressed appreciation for this translation patch. Its of exceptional quality, if I hadn't visited the database that one time I'd have no idea it was 'fan made' (also Fedelta thanking Idea for her abuse was a bit weird). The game is a true DS gem and I thank Darthnemesis and his team of helpers wholeheartedly for bringing it to the english language with such care.

I'm actually still looking forward to an official english release if only to see if its translated with equal quality. I fear it could well suffer under the hands of someone concerned with their target audience/market more than a pure translation.

Also thanks for the OoE maps [​IMG] Loved em.

2. DarthNemesis

OP DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Most of the few Google hits I see for this error blame the 10.5 upgrade. If binaries aren't stable across versions then I don't know what to tell mac users other than they'll have to compile xdelta themselves [​IMG]
    I'd try to make it easier or write a tutorial, but I don't have a mac.

3. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Where did you get the compiled version anyway? What system was it compiled on?

I got the error running on 10.4 of os X, was the version you got compiled on 10.5? or an earlier system?

The only trouble with mac users having to compile xdelta3 themselves is they would have to install a huge bunch of developer tools, in particular x11, which isn't installed by default.

I read in the 'patch for mac' thread that one guy had success, perhaps it would be 'easier' to track down compiled versions for 10.4, 10,5 and possibly 10.3 and include them with the patch.

I tried for a long time to get *any* compiled version online but I couldn't find even one.

EDIT>

I answered my own question, that version you included in the mac patch is compiled for os x 10.5

It patches just fine on Leopard (INTEL) but I don't know about 10.5 (PPC). I will try it on a PPC 10.5 tomorrow.

It does not work on 10.4 (PPC).

For those mac users on the newer intel machines, here's how to get it to work...
    1) Make a folder on your desktop, on the safe side don't include spaces in the name.
    2) In that folder put the files from BOTH the pc and mac patches.
    3) Open your Utilities folder inside your Applications folder and run Terminal.
    4) Drag the file PatchSoma into the terminal window and press enter.

A new file with the -patched extension to the filename is created. This is your translated rom.

--- Unrelated Sidenote ---
    Not sure if you updated your Dracula's Castle map on Gamefaqs yet DarthNemesis, but there's a typo for the location of the Rapidus Fio (i41 not r41)

4. DarthNemesis

United States
    Thanks, fixed.

5. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Hmmm... true, maybe they did have some kind of meaning behind "gunners"

--off-topic question--
    what's the katakana of gunner then? Is it that gunners with "su" removed?

6. kjean

kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

???? Gunnersu
    ??? Gunner
    Who knows it has 4 skill categories maybe that's why.

7. DarthNemesis

United States
    They all have ス at the end.

8. Porkdish

Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Just a quick note to say that the patch for mac's works on 10.5 ppc so for the latest mac operating system (leopard 10.5) just follow the steps listed earlier.

To get it to work on the still commonly used 10.4 (tiger) you will need a version of xdelta3 compiled with that operating system. I don't have the developer tools installed so I can't supply this, sorry. If anyone finds a version shout out.

9. Raestloz

Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Wait, are you implying "Gunner" and "gunners" have the same katakana word or you're telling kjean hat all classes have "su"? [​IMG]

10. firaX

firaX Newbie
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi, I am from Germany.

Kampf means "battle/fight" the actors within a Kampf would be a "Kämpfer". The plurals is Kämpfer as well. I know you seem to want a 1:1 translation but is sounds really silly to say Kampfs, since that word is grammtically incorrect in German. I also went nuts when SE translated Siebzehn as Seibzehn in Xenogears (Marias gear, 17).

The reason i think the japanese adds a plural s is maybe that it implies the character belongs to the group of XXXs. "Group of Gunners" etc. I also agree though, it would sound better in singular, coherent with other RPG/SRPG titles.

11. kurosakinaruto

Newcomer

Canada
    Wait, I just got an idea, if you can swap people models, can't you also swap weapon models? o.o

(Imagines holding a Master Laban sword)

12. VISHI SO FISHI

VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    How the hell do i work this?

I downloaded the ROM and now i downloaded this, its a folder called

"Soma Trans" after i extracted this..

What do i do now?

13. Raika

Raika uguu

@VISHI: In the folder there is a "Drop Rom Here" Batch File. Just drag and drop the rom you downloaded onto the Batch File and it will patch automatically...

14. VISHI SO FISHI

VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

India
    Oh thanks their Raika, lol i downloaded the wrong thing!

lol

Thanks a lot!

15. War

War Take it easy~

Keep up the awesome work Darth, you're almost 100% done! You should open up donations, man. I tell ya', you'd be swimming in dollar bills right now...

PS:
    Hello i'm new i'm from los angeles.
    where do you translate more?!?111one
    I'M IMPACIENT!!?!11

PPS: Please don't kill me, Darth.

16. Mergulho

Mergulho Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Keep straining on the project!

17. kjean

kjean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I just finished the game. Truely a good job, Darth. [​IMG]
    don't make her wait I sense some darkforce from this post.

18. Vincent T

Vincent T GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    He's being sarcastic.

19. Hehe Moo

Hehe Moo Moo?

oO'' I'm surprised that several people asked how to work the "Drop Rom Here" file.. I didn't even have to read the "readme" to figure THAT out..

20. Mohammad

Mohammad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol is there also a readme? lol, I don't remember having any problems installing it, maybe we should put a youtube on how to do it on the first page though, watch as I drag somabringer.nds onto drop rom here.bat AMAZING!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Bringer,