Hacking (Solved?) Green Light Stays on When PSP If Off

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, just hacked my psp yesterday. Been messing around with it today.. loving the SNES emulator. Lost Vikings is really fun.

So, while playing the game froze. I couldnt back out to home menu, so I tried to turn the system off.

Screen went black, and the green light stayed on. Couldn't get the psp to turn on or the green light off.

Looked it up on google real quick and found some advice to take out battery for 30 seconds and reinsert. Well I did that and it did actually work, everything seems fine now.

So... what was that? lol. At first I thought the PSP was bricked, but I would think that bricking is something that would only happen in the moment that you are hacking it, not a full day later. Any reason to be alarmed or try and cancel my order I placed yesterday for a memory stick? (with a faulty psp Ill have no need for the memory stick).

Any feedback is appreciated thanks!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's no reason to be alarmed, it's likely that your PSP tried to boot something that just wasn't there and remained confused. It happens every now and then, but if you want to stay safe, backup your memory card.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you turn the PSP off completely make sure you press up and hold the power switch to switch it off or else it'll go into sleep mode or in your case it'll just freeze there. When my PSP freezes I always hold the switch up and I never had to remove my battery I just had to hold it for about 5-10 seconds. In any case It happens a bit and when it does removing the battery is one way to fix the problem. So is it fixed? of course its just your PSP freezing. Just hope it doesn't do it while accessing files or it can corrupt them.

If it continues to freeze though then you've got an issue.

Artrigis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you turn the PSP off completely make sure you press up and hold the power switch to switch it off or else it'll go into sleep mode or in your case it'll just freeze there. When my PSP freezes I always hold the switch up and I never had to remove my battery I just had to hold it for about 5-10 seconds. In any case It happens a bit and when it does removing the battery is one way to fix the problem. So is it fixed? of course its just your PSP freezing. Just hope it doesn't do it while accessing files or it can corrupt them.

If it continues to freeze though then you've got an issue.

Heya, yes I did manage to fix it. I just wasnt sure if this was some uncommon thing that meant my psp had days to live or something haha.
So it sounds like its a pretty common thing, really not so bad though I can liver with it freezing every now and then. Not really sure if I held the power button for very long or not but Ill definitely do that if it happens again.
It did do it while playing lost vikings, but actually I ended up replacing the ISO with some newer copies I got today.

Thanks for the info!

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, yes I did manage to fix it. I just wasnt sure if this was some uncommon thing that meant my psp had days to live or something haha.
So it sounds like its a pretty common thing, really not so bad though I can liver with it freezing every now and then. Not really sure if I held the power button for very long or not but Ill definitely do that if it happens again.
It did do it while playing lost vikings, but actually I ended up replacing the ISO with some newer copies I got today.

Thanks for the info!

You're welcome :)

And chances are it was only a bad copy of the game. I hardly freeze now a days unless I'm using plugins although there are a couple games that just refuse to work no matter what.
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble sadly comes to mind(ugh... really wish I could play this one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo