Gaming Sol Trigger - English Translation

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished with the auto-newlining, previously this meant a max of 31 chars per line as below.

original.jpg

Now we can put as many as we want.

screen00610.jpg

Should make editing dialog a lot easier since we can now have loads of text.

screen00611.jpg

The text insertion tools have been done for a while and (hopefully) this the last technical issue to sort out so now we just need the script done.

Edit: first post has now been updated

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great job.

As a side note, the translation of soul trigger lead me to Garejei's blog, and I became very interested as I scrolled though it.
Garejei, is there an English patch for muramasa, since I'd like to read that light novel as well now.

GareJei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gareblogs.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Great job.

As a side note, the translation of soul trigger lead me to Garejei's blog, and I became very interested as I scrolled though it.
Garejei, is there an English patch for muramasa, since I'd like to read that light novel as well now.

The short answer is that there's no patch at the moment (and most likely won't ever be).

Long answer:

Muramasa is complicated. JAST USA, a company known for localizing Nitro+ visual novels in the west has shown interest in it, in fact their translator has already started working on it a few years ago, but stopped midway to work on other JAST/Nitro projects, I think. Muramasa is currently in a state of limbo, however from what I understand, it is definitely not abandoned. However they'll first release other titles before returning to Muramasa, and this might take years. As such, fan translation attempts might be futile, and might even be shut down by JAST. They're sort of sitting on the rights, so fan translators can't do anything. On the bright side, when it is released, we can assume it will be an official release with a professional translation.

I did make a half summary/half translation of the entire plot of Muramasa, it's also on my blog, but of course, it's not the same as a full patch.

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The short answer is that there's no patch at the moment (and most likely won't ever be).

Long answer:

Muramasa is complicated. JAST USA, a company known for localizing Nitro+ visual novels in the west has shown interest in it, in fact their translator has already started working on it a few years ago, but stopped midway to work on other JAST/Nitro projects, I think. Muramasa is currently in a state of limbo, however from what I understand, it is definitely not abandoned. However they'll first release other titles before returning to Muramasa, and this might take years. As such, fan translation attempts might be futile, and might even be shut down by JAST. They're sort of sitting on the rights, so fan translators can't do anything. On the bright side, when it is released, we can assume it will be an official release with a professional translation.

I did make a half summary/half translation of the entire plot of Muramasa, it's also on my blog, but of course, it's not the same as a full patch.
Ok. Thanks for the response,and keep the good work

TheLostSabre

Naberius the Nauseous
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So Muramasa is sitting on their backlog huh? Well with many projects, you can only spread your team so thin before they stop producing anything on a timely manner so it's understandable.

Yuuki-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry cuz I know this shows my impatience, but when might the next update on the progress for sol trigger be listed?

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor update, I made a small alteration to the save/load system call so it shows in English on a real PSP (PPSSPP does it automatically).

psp.jpg

Edit: Anyone know the syscall for the home button exit menu?
sceKernelRegisterExitCallback() and sceKernelExitGame() are used to actually exit the game but does anyone know what function (if any) is used for the dialog.

FXK

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

since i saw the first trailer of sol trigger i think its one of the most stylish games ever (good art direction > graphics power)

unfortunately my japanese is non-existent and i cant wait for you guys to finish this project <3

if there is anything i can do to help you progress, like beta-testing or proofreading, i would love to do so

greetings from germany

FXK

Reactions: JamRules

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Minor update, I made a small alteration to the save/load system call so it shows in English on a real PSP (PPSSPP does it automatically).

psp.jpg

Edit: Anyone know the syscall for the home button exit menu?
sceKernelRegisterExitCallback() and sceKernelExitGame() are used to actually exit the game but does anyone know what function (if any) is used for the dialog.

Wait, what syscall did you modify? In most games I've seen it's the same in both the save/load menu and the Home button menu...

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I did it right but I changed the values for sceUtilitySavedataInitStart,
it normally sets the language value via "sw zero, 0x4(a0)" so I changed the source register

SkyBladeCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, then do the same with sceImposeSetLanguageMode. That should do it. Normally it's enough just with that one. In some other cases, such as Type-0, there is more that one syscall involved...

~Sky

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to edit the textures, in the end I converted them from their 8bit indexed ABGR8888 to 32bit true colour since I couldn't find any editing software that used the palettes alpha channel.

You may notice that Swap PC is bugged, I still have to add proper colour selection once 256 colours are exceeded.
Edit: fixed - lol, forget to reserve a colour for transparent

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a little late to post but the program called colga can probably edit those images. That is what I had to use to get proper files for the Zero no Kiseki stuff. It is in japanese but I have made a semi-translated (well basically I stuck what I could in via hex editing) version if you are interested. The only drawback to that program is no text insertion. That would be a great feature.

JamRules

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a little late to post but the program called colga can probably edit those images. That is what I had to use to get proper files for the Zero no Kiseki stuff. It is in japanese but I have made a semi-translated (well basically I stuck what I could in via hex editing) version if you are interested. The only drawback to that program is no text insertion. That would be a great feature.

Thanks for the link, seems this like something that would have been useful

"8bit パレット(パレット部にアルファが入っていれば読み込むことが出来ます" - this is exactly what I wanted, oh well wasn't to much trouble to write a converter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1