Hacking softmodded wii 4.2u with priilosder v0.1 cannot play recent games

cat_one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,

My wii has been softmodded for years now. I did it myself following the instructions and it's always worked wonderfully! Only I recently got a new game and it doesn't work because it requires a system update. I am not a pro at this so I need help!! Please use simple terms so I can understand!!! It is safe to update the system? I always thought it wasn't but I wanna make sure!

Thanks in advance!
Cat

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use the old one, just format it first so no old crapfiles are left to interfere (just in case).
You can save the content of your SD card on your PC before you format it if you want. Just make sure you place the new files on an empty card.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
just update your priiloader to v0.7 and activate SM hacks that prevent N updates.

also update your IOS since there might be still a chance that you are using the old 4.2 IOS just install the update 4.3 IOS

if you're not sure how to do what I suggested. Do the re-softmod using ModMii.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the only thing you gain is more trouble and pain. don't do it. use modmii and enjoy!
(weird that the post above me is posted at a later time then when i posted this wth?)

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
the only thing is useless in 4.3 is the "System Menu" if your dont have the latest IOS, there might be a problems in the future games that will going to use these IOS.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You dont update to 4.3 to update the ios's... and, what game does not work on an updated ios not included in, say, 4.1?

cat_one

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone!!! The modmii worked! It was so easy to do...I still can't believe I did it! You guys were so helpful!! XOX ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok