Gaming Softmod & New Super Mario Brothers

edkoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings all,

I am having a problem loading my NSMB backup. I am using 4.2u, NeoGamma r8 beta 13 and phyiscal DVD media (not USB image). Neo reads the disk launches and then gives me a green screen with vid distortion. This then forces the Wii to reboot back to menu.

I have tried using Pimp my Wii, udating to CIOS 15 then also tried reinstalling 14 (is there a downgrade dol I should be using or will installing over the top work?). No joy....
frown.gif

I was unable to locate this exact issue (seems everyone is using USB loaders and I am stuck in the dark ages) in the forums. Anyone have any ideas or can you point me to a thread facing the same problem?

Thanks,
Ed

edkoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses...I tried CIOS 15 and the Patch option and neither worked.

I still get the green screen...did I mess something up by updating/patching with Pimp My Wii? Should I be using a different CIOS setup/updater with ULoader 3.1?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use cios 14 and and you can load it from disc channel using cioscorp and the correctly patched iso if you need more help pm me.

And yes you did downgrade to 14 correctly.

ballboff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Big Kong Boss said:
All i had to do was install cIOS Rev 14 & use Neogamma R8 Beta...the one before the latest one. I can't remember the release.

The best way is get hold of the qwiif release, and search for nsmb softmod disc loading, you'll be able to patch it to "nsmb patched v2.iso". There might be a release that's patched already, but they keep getting deleted, so I reckon it's your best shot.

I think the one i'm talking about is NTSC (US) though, but it will still work in neogamma if you choose disc default as the video option, turn off vidpatch (not sure if this is important). And I always set it to alt dol from disc, just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...