Softmod & New Super Mario Brothers

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by edkoch, Nov 25, 2009.

Nov 25, 2009
  1. edkoch
    OP

Newcomer edkoch Newbie

United States
    Greetings all,

I am having a problem loading my NSMB backup. I am using 4.2u, NeoGamma r8 beta 13 and phyiscal DVD media (not USB image). Neo reads the disk launches and then gives me a green screen with vid distortion. This then forces the Wii to reboot back to menu.

I have tried using Pimp my Wii, udating to CIOS 15 then also tried reinstalling 14 (is there a downgrade dol I should be using or will installing over the top work?). No joy.... [​IMG]

I was unable to locate this exact issue (seems everyone is using USB loaders and I am stuck in the dark ages) in the forums. Anyone have any ideas or can you point me to a thread facing the same problem?

Thanks,
    Ed

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Use cIOS rev15 and uLoader 3.1. cIOS rev15 won't work with NeoGamma.

3. madcapslaugh

Newcomer madcapslaugh Member

Israel
    i got a green screen when my PAL game was running on my USA wii, without enabling PATCH VIDEO to console

4. edkoch
    OP

Newcomer edkoch Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the responses...I tried CIOS 15 and the Patch option and neither worked.

I still get the green screen...did I mess something up by updating/patching with Pimp My Wii? Should I be using a different CIOS setup/updater with ULoader 3.1?

5. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Use cios 14 and and you can load it from disc channel using cioscorp and the correctly patched iso if you need more help pm me.

And yes you did downgrade to 14 correctly.

6. Big Kong Boss

Member Big Kong Boss GBAtemp Fan

Korea, South
    All i had to do was install cIOS Rev 14 & use Neogamma R8 Beta...the one before the latest one. I can't remember the release.

7. ballboff

Newcomer ballboff Member

United Kingdom
    The best way is get hold of the qwiif release, and search for nsmb softmod disc loading, you'll be able to patch it to "nsmb patched v2.iso". There might be a release that's patched already, but they keep getting deleted, so I reckon it's your best shot.

I think the one i'm talking about is NTSC (US) though, but it will still work in neogamma if you choose disc default as the video option, turn off vidpatch (not sure if this is important). And I always set it to alt dol from disc, just in case.