softmii problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by priapism, Feb 4, 2009.

1. priapism
    OP

priapism GBAtemp Fan

May 12, 2008
    United States
    so i ran the softmii installer pack and it works ok but there are a few peculiar problems i have run across.

1) when i power down my Wii now, the power light is red not yellow. i checked that WiiConnect24 is on and my internet connection is working fine. why is the light red? what can i do to fix it.

2) when i exit HBC now, my drive won't start up if there is a game in the Wii. i have to turn my Wii off then back on and then the drive works fine. this is a very frustrating problem and any advice on how to fix it would be great.

i do have a modchip installed and if these issues are preloader related i wouldn't mind just deleting preloader. is there a special way uninstall preloader or can i just remove it from my SD card?

EDIT: i fixed it. it was preloader that was causing the problems. i uninstalled preloader by running anyregionchanger and following the steps in the softmii tutorial and skipping the preloader step. in case anyone was interested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice