Softmii Installation - ARC

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 2128, Jan 31, 2009.

Jan 31, 2009

Softmii Installation - ARC by 2128 at 9:04 AM (1,336 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. 2128
    OP

Newcomer 2128 Advanced Member

Australia
    I got up to this point (step 13 onwards in the guide), but soon after asking me about Korean disc support, my Wii just went back to HBC. It didn't ask me about Starfall, nor did it do a full reboot. My version is still listed in the system menu as 3.3E. In this situation, what should I do? Run ARC again?

2. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    My guess would be it failed to initialize network and exited because of that. I would simply try again. Sometimes the network just failes to initalize, I for myself couldn't install cIOS through WiFi, It failed at some point although the network was working fine with other programs.

3. 2128
    OP

Newcomer 2128 Advanced Member

Australia
    Yeah, that'd make sense (capped to 96kbps at the moment, it's hell).. if it dropped or timed out it'd probably bomb out, huh. Well, guess I'll run it again, then.

4. myers

Newcomer myers Member

United Kingdom

this keeps happening to me arc wont initialize network then goes back to hbc even though it works with evrything else......i asked clarky (one of the guys who made the softmii pack) and said they are working on an offline installation so fingers crossed guys it'll be out soon