SomeGuy2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
With SoftMii, you get:
- Customized and hacked System Menu 3.2

I thought that SoftMii would update the console to System Menu 4.0. Was I miss-led? I have already ran SoftMii 2.1.1 about a month ago or so and everything is working fine from what I can tell, but have been interested in upgrading to SystemMenu 4.0 but dont want to lose functionality.

SG

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xxxxenvy - if the preinstaller is not working correctly -the steps to fix it would be to install ios16, then load custom wad manager and install the lu64 wad then restart and load hbc and load new cios rev11 installer and then select network install - this will make your lu64 wii work.

If there is a problem with preinstaller, icefire can fix it as he made it. Its not a problem. You can still use this fix tho and do it manually.

Night all

rivemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a simple question, I have 4.0u upgraded with waninkoko program, and Custom IOS36 rev 10 from wanin, and preloader 0.29... do i have to uninstall the preloader before i install the new softmii??? or just install it overwriting?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuy2009 said:
QUOTE said:
With SoftMii, you get:

I thought that SoftMii would update the console to System Menu 4.0. Was I miss-led? I have already ran SoftMii 2.1.1 about a month ago or so and everything is working fine from what I can tell, but have been interested in upgrading to SystemMenu 4.0 but dont want to lose functionality.

SG

I'm looking through the Readme and it looks like there's a firmware downgrader in there that can take you to 4.0 if you want.

xxxenvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
xxxxenvy - if the preinstaller is not working correctly -the steps to fix it would be to install ios16, then load custom wad manager and install the lu64 wad then restart and load hbc and load new cios rev11 installer and then select network install - this will make your lu64 wii work.

If there is a problem with preinstaller, icefire can fix it as he made it. Its not a problem. You can still use this fix tho and do it manually.

Night all
it would be great if i could access WAD manager or Custom WAD Manager. WAD manager was working before on 3.2, i installed IOS16, went to Customer WAD manager and installed the cIOS. Ever since then, only Custom WAD Manager was working everything else (besides Homebrew) would get a black screen. Thinking that 4.0 would get it to work again, i installed 4.0 and now even Custom WAD manager goes black as well. i hope theres a fix for me.

Good work on the package BTW. Even if i cant get this working, you guys do a surper job!

EDIT: forgot to mention that this was all done before and everything (besides homebrew) is still giving me a black screen

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By "Installing 4.0 again" do you mean doing an official Nintendo install of 4.0? I don't think that was a good move.

Anyway, I think the reason Wad Manager isn't working is because it's trying to run off of cIOS, which is trucha-signed. Try finding a version of Wad Manager that doesn't default to IOS249.

rich6619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
SomeGuy2009 said:
QUOTE said:
With SoftMii, you get:

SG

I'm looking through the Readme and it looks like there's a firmware downgrader in there that can take you to 4.0 if you want.

Like SomeGuy2009 said though will we lose functionality by doing so? Is it really worth it ? Reason i would like to have it is for loading wads from SD.

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rivemaster said:
I have a simple question, I have 4.0u upgraded with waninkoko program, and Custom IOS36 rev 10 from wanin, and preloader 0.29... do i have to uninstall the preloader before i install the new softmii??? or just install it overwriting?

You shouldn't have to uninstall anything, just overwrite.

Note: If you install cioscorp, you will have to reinstall preloader after so it can patch cios60

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, try getting a non-cIOS wad manager and installing the fix that way regardless. I don't know if that will work but it's worth a try.

And rich, the readme says that 4.0 is fully supported. The readme should probably tell you what to do.

rich6619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
Okay, try getting a non-cIOS wad manager and installing the fix that way regardless. I don't know if that will work but it's worth a try.

And rich, the readme says that 4.0 is fully supported. The readme should probably tell you what to do.

thanks fenrir. i'll take a read over it again.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I'm pretty sure hasn't changed in cIOS rev11 is the IOS reload issue. Metroid Prime Wiimake still resets on me.

I don't have things like Rock Band instruments or USB->LAN adapters to test USB compatibility.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkLG said:
Anyone have a change log on cios 36 rev11?

Not yet ... I was told that waninkoko will release it soon on his blog ... just not today.

I have installed it, and my USB Loader works perfectly (I see no adverse affects yet) However not sure if other USB items work along with USB Loader (I dont have any to test)

Games install quickly with it, and play perfectly.

xxxenvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the old WAD Installer 1.1 and 1.2 to work on my Wii. But it doesnt seem to like the LUFIX file that i used to install. I took the "LU FIX" file from the data folder on the Softmii package and added a .WAD to it. I feel like im getting close to getting this working.. anyone with any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, happy birthdayn't