Hacking SoftMii 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If u don't want people moaning then don't make stupid teaser like this... just release stuff when they are ready
release date and teasers are for posers

estebanchaidez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
If u don't want people moaning then don't make stupid teaser like this... just release stuff when they are ready
release date and teasers are for posers
I third this. He's got a point.

QUOTE(Django0 @ Apr 25 2009, 06:47 PM) Is it my internet or is softmii.org down?
It's your internet.

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
jesus man...it will be released when its ready THIS is the reason the last versions always had fuckin errors in them because of bitchin..shittttt.. I've been away from this place for months and i guess somethings never change, when in fact they seem to be getting worse on this board.

you say we stole everyone's work...read the first guide, you'll see everyone's names next to there program and a HUGE credits section at the bottom of the guide.

SoftMii HAS developed and and given stuff to the scene, if you think I'm chatting shit then go and ask ANYBODY that's sitting with a custom health screen or custom theme on there Wii. because deny it or not, it was me and digitydogs that spent 3days without sleep getting it all working safely for the first SoftMii cSM and we gave you that end of story, Ofcourse the theory and process had been done by a few of the so called l33t (i fucking hate that elitist shit by the way, you was all noobs once get over it.)

But no one had released a SAFE way of letting the masses do it, call it SoftMii Tweaks or cInstaller or whatever, (cInstaller was the beta that should of never been leaked but anyway shit happens.)
the fact of the matter was we released it and the idea and the development was OURS, yes crediar came onboard and we asked crediar because me personally and i know a few other members of the scene regard crediar as one of the best around in my personal opinion.

people wonder why Gbatemp has such a bad reputation online in the so-called SCENE...why its referred to by many with sarcasm such as GbaFAIL and Gbatemp.noob.

Other forums respect people who are putting something together for EVERYONE FOR FREE.

I'm not that heavily involved now i had to step back due to a change in my life, but i still jump online when i get the chance and see how things are going..and ALL i see is constant bitching about we did this, we did that..

O.k you see someone come on here saying they have a problem and they quote "have softmii installed" yes they probably think that SoftMii is a program of its own, and in someways it kind of is and more so with the new redesigned apps but at then end of the day it gives anyone helping that person a knowledge off what they have installed, it serves as a 1 stop level playing field, a base so to speak, where you have hacked your console fully and totally.

Therefor the majority of people all have the same thing installed and we all know where we are when helping people. and they will also have 99% of the tools they need already on there SD to fix any problems.

If you dont like it...dont use it.

Grow some balls, smoke a joint, get laid..shit just stop acting like children. ffs even Quincy is starting to look mature...

@Marcan - mate regardless of all your bitchy ways and the fact you have a HUGE cranium you will be missed sir, great talent, shit people skills...shame

Other than that..hello to all the GbaTemp Firm and you all know who ya are and Private. Clarkiii will always be around keeping the Wii Scene safe from Terror :-)

over and out ;-)

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey Clarky - You havent been shot yet
tongue.gif

Good luck on the front line man......

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont understand why people want to use SoftMii or MiiWii or even Backup Loaders when there's the USB Loader? Faster Load times, no burning discs, no bad burns, no disc changing. SoftMii would be a step backwards

phpgeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Shiro786 said:
Stop pretending like you're some kind of great person. All that you did was take pre-existing code and built upon it, gave your input, and tossed the salad a bit.

Can see some of your points shiro but please don't forget that Wanikoko built the USB Loader on pre-existing code, built upon it, gave his input, and tossed the salad too! This is why it's called open source! As long as credit is given where credit is due then I fail to see the point of all this bitching?

piratesmack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
This is why it's called open source! As long as credit is given where credit is due then I fail to see the point of all this bitching?

Yep
smile.gif

Well I think what the SoftMii team is doing is great.
If I knew about SoftMii when I first started, I would have had a much easier time softmodding my Wii.

Thanks, you guys. I'm looking forward to this release.

Skarface05

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GolfDude is correct - We will release 3.0 tonight by 8pm USA EST - This will be with or without SoftCorp - It's not working correctly and would be wrong to release unless fixed by then.

We will add corp v2 if needed until then, and release softcorp in next couple of days if necessary.

See you later on.

Also _ Any LU64+ users who know of GaryOPA - He will be posting on wiinewz.com in a moment of his success using our method to fix 1 lu64 and 1 lu65 wii today.

Look forward to your fix later today.

DO NOT EVER DOWNGRADE YOUR LU64+ WIIS

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now that is just funny, a SoftMii 'coder' saying GBATemp is lame and has a bad reputation because of people complaining in threads. GBATemp is mocked because of it's so called 'coders' who compile noob friendly guides and packs, and then rail on the very noobs that use them and ask for support or further guidance. If you have a sig touting a guide/pack, or some lame customizing app, or some donation for packaged software site, or describing yourself as a 'Wii hacker' then you are why GBATemp is mocked. If you create threads touting your 'NEW WONDER-APP n.0 alpha/zeta' and then don't deliver you are why GBATemp is mocked. If you can't take criticism without responding with 'fuck you' or 'quit whining noob' then you are why GBATemp is mocked. If you provide software and then in the same thread type things like: 'this shouldn't brick your Wii', 'this hasn't been tested', 'you have a problem? It worked on my Wii' then you are why GBATemp is mocked.

If you can take a slight bit of advice out of this, don't create threads touting your own software/app/package on GBATemp at all. Keep them on your own web sites and IRC channels. If they are really as good as you claim then people will download them, try them, and then sing the praises on all Wii related sites. And for obvious reasons never put a date/time on a future release. Test it entirely and prove to yourself that all touted functions work properly and THEN release it and tell people what the benefits are. Don't make promises on what it can do or when it will be available until it is packaged and ready for download.

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Skarface05, part of the "softMII.org" team, out of his kind heart, loan me some of the early part of the soon to be released SoftMii v3.0 package, which was due out on April 24th, but has been delayed a bit to make sure there will be no "white bricks", lastest time-frame is 8pm EST on Sat. but don't hold them to it.

But the part that I was loaned for testing, is great it solves the biggest problem in getting "homebrew" working again on the previously unmoddable Wii's starting with the LU64+ serial number, running on menu v3.4

One thing to note is you can't DOWNGRADE the LU64 Wii's to an older v3.2 The other thing to note is we still need a fix for those running virgin v4.0 Wii's to be able to install the "homebrew" channel since Zelda-hack is not doable on those that upgraded their Wii via official Nintendo servers to v4.0 without having the "homebrew" channel already installed on the older menu.

So I offically gave my stamp of approval on the LU64+ fix, and my hat is off to the great work by the following for the LU64+ fix:

SkarFace0 , Waninkoko, WiiGator, KWiiRK, LinkNWorm

Great Work Guys.

Thanks for letting me be a early loan testing of the LU64+ fix.

Don't anyone PM me for the files, they have deleted.

Wait for the official SoftMII v3.0, which should not be long now.

Reactions: zoogie

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been useing softmii since it was introduced (riskiimod) and ive never had a problemat all
clarkii diggty scar and the rest have always helped out
as far as adding to the sceen softmii tweaks is the program softmii is a pack of hb put togeather for reigonfree and disc loader

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
Shiro786 said:
20clarky08 said:
jesus man...it will be released when its ready THIS is the reason the last versions always had fuckin errors in them because of bitchin..shittttt.. I've been away from this place for months and i guess somethings never change, when in fact they seem to be getting worse on this board.

you say we stole everyone's work...read the first guide, you'll see everyone's names next to there program and a HUGE credits section at the bottom of the guide.

bs bs bs bs bs

Stop pretending like you're some kind of great person. All that you did was take pre-existing code and built upon it, gave your input, and tossed the salad a bit.

There's nothing you have contributed to the Wii Scene, maybe help pirates, sure. It's people like you why marcan, crediar, and Bushing all despise.

Of course there are some things I disagree about them (like the USB Loader isn't entirely for pirating, I don't want to spend 200 bucks to repair my Wii so i can play my smash bros. brawl on a DVD) but overall if and when they quit, their reasons are quite legitimate no matter what.

No offense but you haven't done anything in my eyes. Please, prove to me what you have done.

Back on topic, I can't wait for some more skins (which is all I really use SoftMii for anyways) n_n

Edit: lol i actually read your post, and you tell everyone to grow some balls, and mature a bit. i think you should lay off the kush, it's too much for your feeble mind

stop trying to sound cool by dissing me, us, SoftMii in general trying to buck the trend you troll.

just shhhh....you only have to look at the threads for USB Loaders (all 1,349,084 of them like..)

to see that this forum is a total fucking mess. and at no point did i refer to myself as a CODER learn to read, you started posting before you even finished reading

i think that states alot about you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/_pJZQEANQU4?si=3i2w--qD8HBaLqy5 +1