Hacking SoftMii 2.0

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive seen digty created a tut how to make one (or some thing like that ) so we can make our own
as far as themes with the pack some are pal (.45) and ntsc(.42)

yumdoritos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skarface05 said:
SoftMii does not currenly support 3.4 - you have to downgrade using the method provided in the pack.

We are currently in the process of implementing support to 3.4 so people can benefit from the updated features and once complete we will advise you all to upgrade to 3.4 by the method we will provide.

Hope this clears up a few things.
tongue.gif

The SoftMii Team

P.S. = Alex Rose - You need to do a lot of reading if you can even think to compare this to BootMii

Oh, thanks a lot Skarface!

You guys are really just awesome! Thanks for clearing up our questions.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pleae use the new themes page at http://softmii.org/files/themes/index.php

We will be updating it regularly with new themes and would welcome users to send us there themes for us to review and if appropriate, put on the website.

The site is currently under construction but is fully operational at the moment.

And don't forget the update to 2.1 tomorrow.

The SoftMii Team

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whats with the RVL-mios-v8.wad?

also, do we still ave to put the 00000045/42.app*** in to root or does it go in a softmii folder yet?

guess i'll read the documentation first lol couldnt be bothered opening it yet
tongue.gif

EDIT: wait, i dont really see what is different in this 2.0.1... i've got softmii 0.9.5 still i think, but it doesnt look like theres anything different here... the custom system menus are just app extensions like the health warnings screens were right? so they could be installed through tweaks anyways?

so if i'm on 0.9.5, what exactly do i need to install from this package? i mean, i've already got preloader 0.28 installed with all the hacks working so i dont need that, i've got cioscorp installed too but dont know if anything has changed in that lol.

could i not just use custom menus on this through twaks as is or is there a major change?

cheers

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
digitydogs said:
Mikey
Major change is booting gamecube backups from disc channel. The CSM is just cleaned up with the few small issues resolved.

ah thanks digity, i've been looking for that mios for a while now lol. wanted to play sonic adventure DX and managed to see it in the disc channel but it wouldnt play. just returned me to the system menu... worked through the app though lol guess i had the wrong mios
tongue.gif

sorry, what were the small issues that needed to be resolved? i couldnt see a problem with the one i'm using XD (what do i tinker with to fix em too?)

thanks again, big help!

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet my twilight princess theme made it up lol anybody on the softmii team where should i upload themes from now on? i heard earlier not to the ftp address?

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please now download all themes from here :

http://softmii.org/theme.php

As the site is nearing completion there will be a link for users to upload there CSM's for Admin review.

Provided they are acceptable, they will be added the the themes page.

Also - Please remember to check the site for updates.

The SoftMii Team

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mikey...
the csm update just fixed the ugly ass test cursor and the one or two corruption glitches. The big CSM wont be put out until CSSM is ready to go... Unless i get really impatient waiting on fors, or we decide to go with the fully customizable layout aspect in the initial release of CSSM. Really depends on how busy work and life keep us both.

JonJosh
As for updating via wifi no there isnt anyway to do that. YET.
wink.gif

XDark
Not until i release the CSM 1.0 or CSSM is released.

YakBoy
GC backup disc channel loading was added.

Those who asked about theme previews...
Theme previews will be added to the site shortly.. The entire thing is being re-done as it is rather plain and just basic functionality right now.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things:

-probably already said, but mios8 wad needs to be in the root, not in the wad folder like it is in the rar, for the non-network install.

-how does installing a new .....00000xx.app file not break the ARC mod05 hacks/starfall hacks?
are they located in some other part of the system menu's title?

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ta again digity
smile.gif

n ta to you too noobwarrior. i was just installing the cmios then and thought what the hell? rvl blah v8.wad is in the wad folder but it said faild, but then right after that it said success
tongue.gif
hmm...

yano when ya download the themes? do ya just install them using tweaks? if so i take it it removes custom health. sorry, i realise this has probably been said countless times but i just wanna make sure
smile.gif
i'm tired
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8