Hacking SoftMii 2.0

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't see 20 custom menus? And how do i remove the Softmii Tweak .apps it installed? I really don't like any of them.. and my Disc Channel looks buggy now

SwitchNOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Costimized GUI where?
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Takenover83 said:
The directions still suck and need fixed. This should of been a priority before release.

For example.

QUOTE said:
9) Go into Home Brew Channel Once More And Run "Custom WadManager"

Sounds ok, till you load up the homebrew channel and no such thing exist. There is
#1 Wad Manager
#9 WadManager IOS16

So what is a n00b supposed to do? Guess and risk bricking? Clean up these instructions....
custom wad manager = wad manager IOS 16

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I see that it's shipped with Preloader v0.28 as a boot.dol in the apps folder.
Is it really the 0.28 or just the 0.27 then we need to upgrade throught w?ifi

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
kashin
I don't see 20 custom menus? And how do i remove the Softmii Tweak .apps it installed? I really don't like any of them.. and my Disc Channel looks buggy now

Either did I... What 20 csm's???? Are they invisible... Probably Just not released yet...

Once again the Softmii team has overlooked the fact of telling people to use fsbroswer to backup the system menu before installing preloader encase you wish to restore it....

All you have to do kashin is use anyregionchanger 1.1bm5 that came with the pack and reinstall the systemmenu then use ios downgrader followed by reinstalling preloader.... just skip the installing of the .apps thing....

I had a hell of a time getting a non corrupt download last night... the only archived that worked was the zip file... all the others had the unexpected end of archive error.... and yes all downloaded them mutiple times each... Just a heads up to all....

All and all though thanks to the Softmii team for this pack of tools...

-kitt050383

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello All - First all - We rushed out the release of 2.0 to keep a few people happy.

We have re wrote the instructions which will come out as an update this evening
smile.gif

We have also listed where to download the 20 CSM's available. - It is listed every 10 minutes on #Softmii on Efnet

And - Kitt- Your very right about FS Browser - We have included a nice new tool for the update this evening which will be used to backup your original .app

We have also fixed the download problems with the archives.

The reason some people may not be able to see softmii.org is due to your DNS.
Please try OPENDNS.COM to rectify the problem otherwise the problem will be fixed when your ISP updates your DNS.

Regards,

The SoftMii Team

Also - Please only use the new site http://softmii.org

The new update should be ready by 10pm UK time. (GMT)

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Skarface05
And - Kitt- Your very right about FS Browser - We have included a nice new tool for the update this evening which will be used to backup your original .app

Hey Skarface05... thanks for adding the tool into the package and also thanks to the softmii team for all the hard work and crap you put up with....

-kitt050383

moytb713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got to ask being the noob that I am. We all downgraded to 3.2 to make this work. How do I upgrade back to 3.4U and then install this? Can I just use the system update to do this and start over with the install of 2.0.1?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
moytb713 said:
I've got to ask being the noob that I am. We all downgraded to 3.2 to make this work. How do I upgrade back to 3.4U and then install this? Can I just use the system update to do this and start over with the install of 2.0.1?

why would you want to upgrade?

moytb713

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen said:
moytb713 said:

why would you want to upgrade?

Why not? Don't you want to have the latest and greatest firmware also if you can? Weren't there a couple games you couldn't play online without the 3.4 firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.