• Start date
  • Views 2,064
  • Replies 24
D

Deleted User

OP
facebook-logo.jpg

twitter_logo_1.jpeg

Everytime I see a good thread on GBAtemp i yearn for a Facebook/Twitter like button so I can say I genuinely like that post. Sites such as Kotaku have a Like button, but I acknowledge that they aren't forums.
Even Twitter buttons - imagine I see a piece of news on the homepage (Portal?), possibly "3DS Hacked", etc. I can press the Tweet button or the Facebook share button to share my discovery.

Imagine Thread "x" is about a new 3DS game, and forum member "xx" has posted a reply, I can like the reply on Facebook and on my news feed (for Facebook) it will appear that "I" have liked "GBAtemp - new 3DS Game - xx", and if I like the thread 'GBAtemp - new 3DS game', it will appear on Facebook that I have liked that.

I'm curious to see how such an idea would work here on the 'temp; and maybe these buttons could determine where a thread appears, and replace/work with the star rating system (ie 58 likes vs 50 likes, thread with 58 likes appears at the top)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO.
the like system is awful if implimented anywhere but Facebook.
The like/dislike system encourages poeple to not even have an opinion anymore. at lease with a 1 to 5 star rating system, you get somewhat of a quality factor, but 160 people liking and 7 people not liking a page/thread/video gives me no ability to judge whether i should give the item being rated a look or not.

tigris said:
Every good blog has them

Good thing this isnt a blog site.

alphenor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
N
XP
Country
I'm a moderate user of facebook yet I do not agree with your proposal.

Before placing that button, think about the number of people who will be using it (if it is placed)..maybe it's just us two (coz I was thinking of doing so too).

It's two versus more than 268,000 (based on my member # rounded off).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4