OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Right now, I own a DSTT+EZFlash 3in1 V. and right now, I'm using ExpLoader (V0.58), and I've bought this cart for a few months now, it's one of those GBA sized ones since I own the first NDSs released.

Now, question, and it's probably going to be my only concern.

1.Does the PSRAM mode exhaust the battery inside? I've heard the battery inside will not only drain itself eventually, but also cannot be recharged by throwing it with the DS adapter charging. (NOR mode aside, I'm pretty sure that would drain the battery...even faster? Plus I don't use Rumble)

Now, I usually wouldn't ask questions like these, but seems like they don't make GBA sized ones anymore(as in, regularly produce batches of it), and have to be ordered beforehand, and the supplier I know already has a quite limited stock of NDSL ones (White), which is why I'd like an answer to this (and prepare for exchanging batteries if I must)

Answers would be appreciated, thank you if you can provide me with an answer.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The battery is here just to maintain data inside SRAM memory (GBA save) not PSRAM memory (GBA game). Using game in PSRAM or NOR memory has no effect on the battery life. Same for both.
wink.gif

Don't know where you have seen this but it's a wrong information.

And it's not a rechargeable battery like you said. 3 years is the normal life of a healthy battery.

TheDiver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
So technically, if (-if-) my battery is healthy, the PSRAM mode will eventually fail after 2-3 years of use, and saves cannot be recovered from the 3in1 back to the Slot-1 card? (As in, the game cannot be flashed properly in PSRAM mode, due to the battery running dry and cannot maintain the SRAM memory?)

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
PSRAM is the temporary RAM used to flash games to, and is DS battery powered, therefore turning off your DS deletes the PSRAM.
NOR is the non temporary RAM used to flash game to and is non-volatile, which means it does not need to be powered to keep its memory, so it stays even when the DS is turned off.
SRAM is the 3 in 1 battery backed save RAM. Once the 3-in-1 battery dies you can not save games anymore and the save the SRAM is holding will be deleted.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheDiver said:
So technically, if (-if-) my battery is healthy, the PSRAM mode will eventually fail after 2-3 years of use, and saves cannot be recovered from the 3in1 back to the Slot-1 card? (As in, the game cannot be flashed properly in PSRAM mode, due to the battery running dry and cannot maintain the SRAM memory?)
Ok. You don't understand the difference between PSRAM and SRAM

So in the ez 3in1 in one you have 3 memories :

- 512 KB SRAM dedicated to GBA saves (datas are maintained in memory by the battery)
- 32 MB NOR dedicated to GBA games (datas stay in memory even if the DS power is off, it's a flash memory here)
- 16 MB PSRAM dedicated to Opera RAM and GBA games (datas are maintained in memory by DS power. Shutdwon DS and the game is gone, you have to reload it)

Battery is here only to maintain GBA saves in SRAM memory. It doesn't give power to PSRAM and NOR memory ! it's the DS that is doing this job.
wink.gif

When battery is dry, you lost your current GBA save in SRAM, that's all. Just have to replace it for 3 years more.

Eternity`

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And here you find a guide to replace your battery. Its what i used to replace mine, i received mine with a bad battery and replaced that using that guide.

-Eternity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit