Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the update program will display 8181, its a bug in the code. or did you find that hwid using akaio or the official firmware?

it has already been confirmed that there are flaws in the code system acekard is using. each card apparently does not have a unique id, but codes are being shared across multiple cards. there has also been speculation that if someone checks their code twice the database records two code checks.

-another world

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rensato said:
Apparently my code has been checked 29 times already =/

It works on my 3ds after updating on my dslite... erm...

Do you think having a fake card can cause me problems later on?
Also I found this website and checked my card... It looks real
http://www.r4wood.com/news/111/Fake-Acekar...cekard.com.html

That site you linked doesn't prove anything, even though my card has gaps in the A and a bolded subtitle, but a quick site check even shows that on the official AK site that's how it's supposed to be. Also my card updates flawless so there goes another point.

I'm not sure how to explain the code that has been checked so many times, but defintely not all points addressed in the link add up.

And if it works, then that proves that it is a genuine card, but still I don't trust the link for it to be 100% sure.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
The information provided at the "R4 Wood" shop is not correct.

But there has been at time where several people didn't know what's correct and what not.

A lot of Acekards in Europe had a "fake" casing and sticker last december, but a "real" PCP.

But now there's this "Fake Check" thing and maybe it's easier now. Although I have the impression that Acekard is a bit outdated now anyway.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that site is true, my Acekard 2i is composed of both fake and real parts, it has signs of both. My card is 100% real though, all updates work without problems, HW81 too, etc.

That site isn't reliable IMO for Acekard Genuine VS Fake. Look at the site even, it's meant for R4 cards, which aren't even related to Acekards.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly is THE way to prove if a card is legit or not? Buying one myself and once I get it, I obviously want to verify if it's in fact official or a knockoff...

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kadin said:
So what exactly is THE way to prove if a card is legit or not? Buying one myself and once I get it, I obviously want to verify if it's in fact official or a knockoff...

The latest AKAIO and firmware update works? It's likely legit. Clones are generally shit for updates. They're just designed to work with whatever was out at the time of the knock off hardware design and tend to have tons of issues. Really though, if you take it apart and it all looks legitimate as far as legitimate Acekards go, it should be good.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Kadin said:

The latest AKAIO and firmware update works? It's likely legit. Clones are generally shit for updates.

Correct, AKAIO higher (and ovbviously most recent) versions block clones. If the latest AKAIO works on your Acekard 2i, there's a 99% chance it's legit. If you wait until a new version comes out AFTER you buy an Acekard 2i, and that version STILL works, then it's 100% legit.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool... thx guys! Been going round and round between this and the DSTWO but I figured the Acekard was the best option since I use my PSP for any and all other emulation and I don't care much for movies. Hope it arrives soon, gonna order from Gameplayfun.com.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kadin said:
Ok cool... thx guys! Been going round and round between this and the DSTWO but I figured the Acekard was the best option since I use my PSP for any and all other emulation and I don't care much for movies. Hope it arrives soon, gonna order from Gameplayfun.com.

That's where I got mine from, they are real, I guarantee you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: