Hacking So Since We Can't Improve the DVD Read Speed..

Rebound

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to improve the caching methods further? I heard this is what made the 3x read speed seem faster than what it actually is and I was wondering if it would be possible to improve further on this until we find a way to flash the DVD firmware (Which I'm pretty sure is very unlikely)
Any thoughts?

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Side not but I've never really opened up my Wii before but I have opened up my 360 to flash it via a SATA port on my pc. Does the Wii drive have any such port? (I'm guessing no)(If only there was iXtreme Wii..lol)

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
3x speed is at its max, no more optimization can be made with it and if there was it wouldnt be noticeable, just wait, someones gota get 6x working sooner or later(which i hope will better more apps than just backup loading)

blitter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would imagine this would involve a loader having to cache everything. Perhaps another option would be to patch a backup to re-encode movies with lower bitrate avi's (or whatever format they happen to be in!)

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
linkinworm said:
3x speed is at its max, no more optimization can be made with it and if there was it wouldnt be noticeable, just wait, someones gota get 6x working sooner or later(which i hope will better more apps than just backup loading)
Yeah. I have a bet on that too. Waninkoko is probably cooking up something.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Honestly a great Eminem song.