Hacking So pretty much, a quick question

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an R4 ~2 months ago? I think. Anyway I love it, but I was wondering whats a good SLOT2 cart to go with it (I wanna play GBA ROMs plus have some extra RAM), and, do some SLOT2 carts have more RAM than others? Forgive me if I have something "off" here flashcarts are still semi alien to me

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3in1 is a popular choice. It lets you play GBA games and contains 16 MB of RAM, which is double the amount that the Opera DS web browser actually uses. The max you can get in slot-2 is 32 MB, which products like the Supercard and M3 offer, but these would be more expensive. Also, slot-2 Supercards are known to have bad GBA compatibility.

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the supercard + M3 do the same/more than the 3in1 and how much of a difference in price are we talking about here?

InoD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going with the 3in1, just because of price and etc, now a dumb question, but whatever. When I boot the SLOT2 card with my R4 will I need another microSD card for my slot2 card or can I just like..run stuff off my R4 with it already in slot1, stupid question but I've never used a slot2 card

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you search the GBAtemp wiki for "3in1" you'll find the page that contains a huge amount of information on the 3in1 expansion pack. In short, you keep your files on the slot-1 microSD card and use a third-party program to load a single game to the 3in1 at a time. You can use either NOR flash or temporary RAM for running GBA games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY