So pretty much, a quick question

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by InoD, Mar 14, 2008.

Mar 14, 2008
  1. InoD
    OP

Newcomer InoD Member

United States
    I bought an R4 ~2 months ago? I think. Anyway I love it, but I was wondering whats a good SLOT2 cart to go with it (I wanna play GBA ROMs plus have some extra RAM), and, do some SLOT2 carts have more RAM than others? Forgive me if I have something "off" here flashcarts are still semi alien to me

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    The 3in1 is a popular choice. It lets you play GBA games and contains 16 MB of RAM, which is double the amount that the Opera DS web browser actually uses. The max you can get in slot-2 is 32 MB, which products like the Supercard and M3 offer, but these would be more expensive. Also, slot-2 Supercards are known to have bad GBA compatibility.

3. InoD
    OP

Newcomer InoD Member

United States
    Do the supercard + M3 do the same/more than the 3in1 and how much of a difference in price are we talking about here?

4. iisdev

Newcomer iisdev Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    post deleted by author.
    reason: CNET affiliation

5. InoD
    OP

Newcomer InoD Member

United States
    I think I'm going with the 3in1, just because of price and etc, now a dumb question, but whatever. When I boot the SLOT2 card with my R4 will I need another microSD card for my slot2 card or can I just like..run stuff off my R4 with it already in slot1, stupid question but I've never used a slot2 card

6. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    If you search the GBAtemp wiki for "3in1" you'll find the page that contains a huge amount of information on the 3in1 expansion pack. In short, you keep your files on the slot-1 microSD card and use a third-party program to load a single game to the 3in1 at a time. You can use either NOR flash or temporary RAM for running GBA games.