Gaming So many options...so confusing :-s

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the problem you're describing would happen if your card is properly formatted. I do not use my microSD's root for any files except an icon file and autorun.inf file so that the card shows up as my "Supercard DSTwo" drive when in my PC.

All of my roms, homebrew, and videos are in sub-directories. However my set up does include a bunch of plugins.
I am also using the iMenu homebrew interface instead of the official interface. I will link the guide I used to set-up my card.

http://gbatemp.net/t260979-imenu-step-by-s...set-up-tutorial

* Followed steps 1-8, but I also had to download the updated version of the iPlayer plugin from the official site to get that feature to work instead of white screens on load.

* I made additional directories for different types of ROMs and for video files. (I used www.keepvid.com to direct-download some Youtube videos - higher resolution FLV movies will not play well though! Lower-res plays best.)

* I then set all of the directories that I didn't want to see when browsing, as Hidden files, including all their subfolders and contained files. This way I see only rom/homebrew/video directories while browsing when using the various emulators and the DS Game feature.

* I also updated the cheat database using the usrcheat.dat file from http://cheats.gbatemp.net which belongs in the "_dstwo" directory.

-- If you want me to find you the guide about updating the DSTwo firmware to work with DSi-FW 1.4.1 (so you can use the DSiWare Shop) I can look for that too.

dsixl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Many thanks exangel. You have a PM
wink.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I just wanted to add that there are two different ways that Supercard have released updates to the firmware/flashcart-blocking system, which I hadn't remembered the details fully in mentioning them in this thread.

This response is made more for everyone in general than specifically for dsixl, in case anyone is pulling this up in a search engine (I was googling some phrases and got this very thread...).

Earlier this year a Firmware Update was indeed released as I described "ds2update.dat" which I had found on the Supercard DSTwo FAQ under the "Technical Help" tab on the right side of the page.

I downloaded this and remembered installing it. However, that was released before Nintendo's DSi Firmware v1.4.1, and the fix for that is a file that goes in the "_dstwo" directory called "system1.dat" which can be found on this thread at the Official Supercard Forum.

A little more info:
The second fix is just a system file update that is instant and transparent (no visible updating process), but I haven't seen any mention confirming whether or not it's possible to run the first Firmware Update file on an (updated) DSi 1.4.1 system.
Also, the second fix can be done easily without any worry about having already updated the DSi system to 1.4.1, as it is demonstrated on a Youtube video guide to this update.

I believe this second update file is included in the Supercard EOS 1.07 and 1.08 archives. Both can be obtained from the Official Site, but make note:
- If you are setting up a microSD for a DSTwo system from scratch, the DSTWO_v1.08_eng.zip doesn't have any of the files for the extra features in it.
The 1.07 archive (DSTWO_package_eng_20100928.zip) from the official site has some of the plugins included: iReader (a document viewer), Moonshell (a multimedia player with other wonderful features), and the GBA emulator.
There is more information about these plugins on the Official DSTwo Plugin Page.

In conclusion, as of the time of this post, I don't know for sure if the Supercard DSTwo 1.05 Firmware update is actually required because I had already run it prior to using the root:\_dstwo\system1.dat update, EOS 1.07, and EOS 1.08; and do not have a pre-1.05 unit to test. Perhaps that issue is known better on the GBAtemp Supercard Forum but I've already put a lot of time into researching this when I've got it working alright for myself
happy.gif

dsixl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, I'm extremly sorry that i've not been much online. I ran into a couple of problems that are still ongoing. 1st problem is that the internet keeps going down, 2nd problem is that i've got very bad food poisoning and thats given me the runs, vomiting and stomach cramps.

In that time Exangel has been very kindly helping me setup the dsi with dstwo v1.08 and with imenu. I haven't spoken to her for a few days and hope she's okay and that she'll soon be online.

Okay, here are a few questions:-

1. Where can i place .dpg files for moonshell?
2. I've made a game folder in the root and placed the games, but its still not picking them up. Any ideas why?

thanks

dsixl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks rydian,

but i can confirm that the games are .nds. The issue is how to get imenu or dstwo to find the game folders...is there an .ini file i may need to edit?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure the game folders are not hidden. When a user-created folder isn't set to hidden, it should be visible in all of the plugins if the folder is there.. most of the plugins don't even care if there is a hidden setting. It's really only the DSTwo-exclusive (official supercard team plugins) that will tend hide things set as hidden (and the GBA/SNES plugins read hidden folders too)

i did leave important information in a text file for you in that zip, hopefully you caught it?

edit:
moonshell should be able to browse any visible directory as well by the way, I keep all my files in \Movies, \Pictures, \Documents, \NDS (with subdirectories for genres) and i can see all the things in moonshell. but i ordinarily use iPlayer and iReader for movies and for documents or picture files and do not use my DS for any music playing, so i dont use moonshell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol