The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am getting myself an X360 for only $100 from a friend who has two. Not only that but a free controller with it as well! It was also just fixed by Microsoft, so not a Red Ringed one either! I just needa buy a hard drive for it (and a 20GB is only $35 refurbished).

I was wondering though, 20GB is awfully small I assume, and I would like to know if there are any hacks that'll work for adding an external HD to it or something? Could someone redirect me? I also know some can get ya banned from live, so I need to make sure they are safe.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use that hdd hack to add more storage but you need a specific type of hdd and space will top out at 120GB. You can use external hdd via USB but you can only use it for music, videos, and pictures......no games or anything.

I personally feel that that is the one thing the PS3 does GREAT, hdd space. You can throw any drive in it and get as much space as you need without the need for hacks. I wish the 360 was the same.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
totally agree with you there. I just with that bugger was less than half a grand, ya know? >.<

If I could, I'd buy all three systems in a heart beat, just because I love them. Haha, if I get a deal on a PS3 like I'm getting on this X360, maybe I'd think about it lol.

So, video and such doesn't have to be on the drive then, that is good. I'm probably not going to be filling up the HD with demos and such either, so I think a 20GB would be okay for me then. I really wouldn't wanna go through the trouble just to get a 120gb HD into my X360. If I can store my music and such seperately though, then I'll just get a USB specifically for the console.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What kind of hard drive do you need to use in a 360? I'd almost say "Oh hey, I have a drive like that!" but chances are, no.

Does it only recognize up to 120GB? No way to partitionize that bastard with a bigger drive and fool it into thinking there are two connected to it? =P

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doomsday Forte said:
What kind of hard drive do you need to use in a 360? I'd almost say "Oh hey, I have a drive like that!" but chances are, no.

Does it only recognize up to 120GB? No way to partitionize that bastard with a bigger drive and fool it into thinking there are two connected to it? =P

Western digital scorpio and yes only up to 120GB. Can't partition it or do anything to get more space out of it. If you use a larger sized one , it'll just get cut down to 120GB soon as you run the hack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P