So, I'm getting a 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by CPhantom, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008

So, I'm getting a 360 by CPhantom at 1:05 AM (932 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. CPhantom
    OP

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    I am getting myself an X360 for only $100 from a friend who has two. Not only that but a free controller with it as well! It was also just fixed by Microsoft, so not a Red Ringed one either! I just needa buy a hard drive for it (and a 20GB is only $35 refurbished).

I was wondering though, 20GB is awfully small I assume, and I would like to know if there are any hacks that'll work for adding an external HD to it or something? Could someone redirect me? I also know some can get ya banned from live, so I need to make sure they are safe.

2. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    You can use that hdd hack to add more storage but you need a specific type of hdd and space will top out at 120GB. You can use external hdd via USB but you can only use it for music, videos, and pictures......no games or anything.

I personally feel that that is the one thing the PS3 does GREAT, hdd space. You can throw any drive in it and get as much space as you need without the need for hacks. I wish the 360 was the same.

3. CPhantom
    OP

Member CPhantom The Noob :(

United States
    totally agree with you there. I just with that bugger was less than half a grand, ya know? >.<

If I could, I'd buy all three systems in a heart beat, just because I love them. Haha, if I get a deal on a PS3 like I'm getting on this X360, maybe I'd think about it lol.

So, video and such doesn't have to be on the drive then, that is good. I'm probably not going to be filling up the HD with demos and such either, so I think a 20GB would be okay for me then. I really wouldn't wanna go through the trouble just to get a 120gb HD into my X360. If I can store my music and such seperately though, then I'll just get a USB specifically for the console.

4. Smirre

Member Smirre GBAtemp Regular

Remember that fantastic Fall update allows games to copied on hard drive. 20gb hdd might get crowded pretty soon as games usually take over 7 gigs

5. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    What kind of hard drive do you need to use in a 360? I'd almost say "Oh hey, I have a drive like that!" but chances are, no.

Does it only recognize up to 120GB? No way to partitionize that bastard with a bigger drive and fool it into thinking there are two connected to it? =P

6. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Western digital scorpio and yes only up to 120GB. Can't partition it or do anything to get more space out of it. If you use a larger sized one , it'll just get cut down to 120GB soon as you run the hack.