ROM Hack so, I wish to start my platinum game over, but I want to keep my BF re

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is their, a possible way to do that? it seems SO easy to hack a game save these days I don't really care about anything else (not off hand anyway)

how can I do this?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
The title cut off, can you please restate the question because I do not quite understand.

If, as I suspect, you want to start a new game and keep the old, you will need a flashcart. Just grab another rom (ASSUMING YOU BOUGHT THE GAME BEFOREHAND), name it something different from the original .nds file, and run the second one for the new file. If, on the other hand, you are trying to do this with the official gamecart, there is no way, that I know of, to do it.

Of course, I still have no idea what your problem is, and that's just a guess, but if you would restate the question, I would be happy to come to your aid again
smile.gif
!

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is for pokemon platinum- I wish yo keep some records while starting a new game .

what? why can't I?you mean yo tell me that we can do SO MUCH with the new pokemon games yet we can't save pokedex and battle frontier records??

jaydude

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tac 21 said:
this is for pokemon platinum- I wish yo keep some records while starting a new game .

what? why can't I?you mean yo tell me that we can do SO MUCH with the new pokemon games yet we can't save pokedex and battle frontier records??

If its on a flash cart just create a secondary new save file and switch back when you wanna use BF.

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tac 21 said:

Umm yeah... Because you're starting a NEW GAME. Surely you understand that by creating a new game you are creating a brand new character right? So what's the point in giving a new character someone elses records?
Just make a new save on the rom.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you ripe the save off with NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool and then use Pokesav to make a AR code with the BF records and then use NitroHax to hack it back in?

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stab244 said:
Can't you ripe the save off with NDS Wi-Fi Backup Tool and then use Pokesav to make a AR code with the BF records and then use NitroHax to hack it back in?
You might be able to do that, presumably, but you would need the AR codes, and I have absolutely no idea what they are. Or if they exist.
So as far as I know, it's not possible.

harryn27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you are using a flashcard just download the usa or europe one witch ever one you dont have and start a new game on that one but keep the other one with the (BF) on your flashcard so you can go back to it

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinryuji said:
stab244 said:
You might be able to do that, presumably, but you would need the AR codes, and I have absolutely no idea what they are. Or if they exist.
So as far as I know, it's not possible.
I said that he can use Pokesav to make the AR code. It has that function.

sharpy1

Trophies
XP
Country
As has already been suggested, you just need to create a new .sav. The simplest way to do this is to change the name of the ROM such that when you start it up again, it will create a new .sav corresponding to the new name.
Then, just switch between the save files by changing the name of the ROM to fit the save file that you wish to use.
Of course, this is assuming you're using a flash cart.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok, as I thought, how eaxctly could I MAKE the AR code though?

and what about the battle frontier?

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download Pokesav and open up your save with it. Then go to the option that reads "EXPORT AR DS CODE." Choose the Battle Frontier record option and save it. Go to your flashcart and then run Nitrohax (put the .xml created into the root). Turn on the code, insert retail cart, and start the game. Activate the code and your BF records should be the same as before. Now sure how it would react if you had already started the new game and didn't have the frontier pass yet though.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:

well,DUH. if you start a NEW GAME,then it will erase ALL DATA and you will have to start ALL OVER. but its is possible to hack a new save and edit your records,not save,but edit.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know Haseo, this is what I'm talking about.

Choose the Battle Frontier record option and save it.

I can't seem to find that option. and also I'm using an R4 so it is alittle easier. how do I incroperate?

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what am I suuposte to do to keep those records- I KNOW its possible- because everyone finds it SOO easy to hack this generation, but I'm not sure how.

AZBigbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tac 21 said:
what am I suuposte to do to keep those records- I KNOW its possible- because everyone finds it SOO easy to hack this generation, but I'm not sure how.

So you claim its sooo easy to hack this game, yet you dont know how. The only reason its so easy to "hack" this game is with PokeSav and that program does not do what you want it to do. So no for you its not easy to hack this game because what you want to do will actually require you to hack it and not modify the files with Pokesav.

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
then how can pokesav do ALLL of these things, but not able to do something like keeping records?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee