Hacking So I was thinking...

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the GBA Emulator on the SCDSTWO is a tad buggy but it had me thinking... Could it be used to run an SNES emulator within the GBA one? Right off the start I know someone's going to say it's pointless with there being an SNES emulator for the NDS already but hear me out first... I don't know about the rest of you but the "best" SNES emulator (SNEmulDS or so I've read.) seems abandoned. Don't get me wrong, I know I couldn't do a better job at it, I don't any programming knowledge whatsoever and I'm thankful the authors who took the time to write these did so. It's just that any games I'd like to play suffer from terrible sprite issues. They overlap, appear garbled, or some just won't even appear, they're just unplayable. Maybe it's just my luck or I can't find the right emulator version... Anyway, I don't know what the success rate for emulation was on the GBA ones but until the Supercard Team releases an SNES emulator for the SCDSTWO I have to make do with what I can find. So... Has anyone thought of or tried using a SNES emulator in GBA mode on the SCDSTWO?

EDIT: Fixed a comment I made, I didn't mean to sound ungrateful. Reading back before I made the edit it seems as if I was, I apologize if I did come across that way.

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure what your asking, but it seems like it is one of two things:

1) Running a snes emulator made for the gba in the Supercard gba emulator.
There does appear to be a snes emu for the gba. I can't speak for how well it works, but I can't imagine it running better than the ds ones. (Simply looking at the better processing and graphics of the ds here.) Also, currently, gba homebrew does not run all that well on the Supercard Gba emu.
I may still try it later and get back to you, but don't be too hopeful.

2) Building a snes emulator out of the gba emulator.
This one is simply not possible without the source code, and not worth it even with the source. It is better to start from scratch.

SamusKnight2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dhjohn said:
1) Running a snes emulator made for the gba in the Supercard gba emulator.

That's what I was asking, if anyone's tried or considered using an SNES emulator designed for a GBA Flashcart on the Supercard GBA emulator. But if the emulator can't run homebrew yet then it voids that idea. Oh well, at least I tried.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems a bit cumbersome don'tcha think? Two layers of emulation would make it harder to get the full power/use out of an emulator on any one such system.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
phoenixclaws said:
Seems a bit cumbersome don'tcha think? Two layers of emulation would make it harder to get the full power/use out of an emulator on any one such system.

Not to mention that the SNES emulator for the GBA is horrible. Only a handful of games run at a barely playable speed with no sound and that is with speedhacks.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCDS2 are currently making their SNES emu or maybe they're currently fixing some bugs. It may get released in the next update (maybe).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.