!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Feels kinda weird, they kicked me out (I was on bass) SOLELY because they found someone better than me. >.>

Which is weird because they kinda gave me all the power earlier and I was the one kicking people out (fucken irony >.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look on the bright side. How many bands are there where you can name the bass player instead of the vocalist?

I'm sure someone will correct me on this but what the hey.

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Harsky said:
Look on the bright side. How many bands are there where you can name the bass player instead of the vocalist?

well they're my best (and only) fuckin friends.

i wouldnt have fuckin done that to them.

and whats worse is that they tried to make me quit instead of kicking me out >.>

they said "ok aneal we've all agreed, we're heading towards a St. Anger* style"
*EXTREMELY shitty metallica album
and I caught on pretty fast, as they hate St. Anger too.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they all hate St. Anger too, then...what the hell?

Those people weren't your friends. They were just around for the ride until they decided that they didn't want to be cool anymore and dumped you in your infinite greatness. According to the alignment of the planets and your tarot card selections, you'll be catapulted, nay, ROCKETED into fame, stardom, and money. They apparently are going to fall into a fissure in the Earth and tumble to their deaths while simultaneously becoming poorer and less-famous (and also less-alive). So I think if they're going to take a trip to the Grand Canyon, the future will reveal itself.

=P

jesuschristmonke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To go off on a tangent here, Ringo wasn't the original Beatles drummer. Pete Best was. They kicked him out because he was attractive to the ladies and consequently got all the 'tang. Then they picked up Ringo's camel-looking self.

So in comparison, you're situation isn't so bad. You can eventually get better and your former band will most likely disolve in the next few years.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
if I have learned anything from TV, it's that just before the Battle of the Bands your band will beg you to come back once they realize this new bass player is only pretending to play while he secretly plays a recording of someone good playing bass.

But you guys don't win, you learn a valuable lesson about friendship instead

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:
To go off on a tangent here, Ringo wasn't the original Beatles drummer. Pete Best was. They kicked him out because he was attractive to the ladies and consequently got all the 'tang. Then they picked up Ringo's camel-looking self.

So in comparison, you're situation isn't so bad. You can eventually get better and your former band will most likely disolve in the next few years.

That's a terrible analogy, Pete Best didn't see a dime of the Beatle money until the mid 90's when Anthology was released. And even THEN they did shady shit like covering him up in promo pictures that were featured for the covers.

Anyhow, from being in bands myself, just start a new one. You'll be fine.

MoonCat5

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:

Fallout Boy. Well I'm sure teenage girls know the vocalist but most know the bassist. I hate that guy so much.

EDIT: Also, a word of advice. Grab an old gameboy, burn yourself a cart of LSDJ, and wreak as much havoc as you possibly can. The three things I did when my friends kicked me out of their band. Sure it was just a joke band, but it still hurt after they ignored me for 3 months and ripped on me as much as possible. But hey, now I'm happy on my own.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just act as if you never got the news. Show up when you normally would, do what you would normally do, and when they confront you about it, feign ignorance. It will cause massive confusion on their part, and generate serious lulz. Make sure to record it with a tape recorder in your pocket or something.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harsky said:

Well did you know that Les Claypool (Primus), Roger Waters (Pink Floyd), Paul McCartney (Beatles), Geddy Lee (Rush), and Kim Gordon (Sonic Youth) were bassists as well as vocalists?

I don't like it how bass players are so unacknowledged by many people. I was at a local band's gig the other day, and I asked the bassist who his favorite bassist was and he couldn't even name one... It's a shame.

p.s. haven't you ever seen school of rock? Recreate that movie down to the exact detail.

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jesuschristmonkeyballs said:

but this guy is better than me >.<

and he can sing (good) while playing really fast and complex riffs, which I am still learning...

and I am trying to find new friends, and a new band. My drummer said he was sorry, and he regretted it, but he couldn't kick the new guy out either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello