Hacking So how optimistic are you about this endeavor?

theplasmastorm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you realistically think that the dstwo will have perfect flawless lagless gba, perfect snes, lagless video playback, etc?
How long will it take the supercard team to get to this point?

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
here's my opinion, there are other most interesting things in life to care about,rather than a fucking piece of hardware!

D

Deleted-247497

dryo said:
here's my opinion, there are other most interesting things in life to care about,rather than a fucking piece of hardware!

theres also more important things than being a total douche for no reason on the internet
mellow.gif

on topic: hoping it will work pretty well but flawless i doubt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dryo said:

It will take a while to get to that point, but nothing is ever impossible.

viz

neckbeard
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
expecting perfect emulation is unrealistic

i expect it to improve from what its at though,which it has

for snes Id like to see earthbound playable, thats my #1 game to play

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
theplasmastorm said:
How long will it take the supercard team to get to this point?

Depends on how many whiners shut up and do something else in the meantime.

Seriously, people who don't understand the complexities of software engineering are the ones who make posts, bitching and moaning about why software doesn't do this or that. Planning, developing, testing...these are just a few of the more common steps done during a software cycle, each taking up a significant amount of time. And, let's not forget that there are multiple things being done for the DSTWO, and each has their own time frame.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I expect that the GBA will have most games running on full fps with max of 1 frame skipping.
As for the Snes, i think it will run most games at 90%, wheres some games will run at about 50-60%. (Again, with frame skipping limited to one.)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
supercard supports their product. it will take time to get to the level users expected on launch day. i expect a year or more before its to a level users want, and by then there will be something better to buy for $24.

-another world

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, considering the PSP, something with hardware more powerful then the DS, DSi, and SCDS2 doesn't even have flawless GBA or SNES emulation...

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
dryo said:

It will take a while to get to that point, but nothing is ever impossible.

I've already seen a film clip of a gas-powered... nevermind.

On topic: I'll wait patiently to fork out my money for their product until they release the SNES plugin. And so will a couple of my friends. I'll be optimistic in thinking that they're aware that there are people who won't pay for a product until it WILL do what they say it CAN do.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Metroid Fusion is basically perfectly emulated when frameskip is set to 0 (sound even works fine), so it's proven that the GBA emulator has the potential to emulate some games perfectly. I'm not sure that the SC team has the programming ability to give the emulator the drastic speed-up that it needs if it is to play all GBA games perfectly. I think the only possible way that could ever happen is if they made the SDKs for the SCDS2 public. As the emulator stands now, I think the vast majority of GBA games are very playable and enjoyable, but just not up to par with actual GBA hardware.

On the PSP, GBA emulation was much better than the SNES emulation, and I can see that happening on the DS as well if the SC team decides to port snes9x.

I'm confident the video playback will be great. We've already seen it on the iPlayer, and I doubt they are going to release anything worse than the video player on the iPlayer.

portezbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anything ever flawless?

I think it will eventually do all these things very well, and I am fairly optimistic because they seem to be releasing 2 or more updates a week.

I just hope mine hasn't broken by the time they really get it all figured out. I already managed to break the spring on mine by just pulling the microsd card out. I dont really mind because it still seems to work fine and I disliked the spring anyway, but it is a bit alarming how easily it broke.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
portezbie said:
is anything ever flawless?

I think it will eventually do all these things very well, and I am fairly optimistic because they seem to be releasing 2 or more updates a week.

I just hope mine hasn't broken by the time they really get it all figured out. I already managed to break the spring on mine by just pulling the microsd card out. I dont really mind because it still seems to work fine and I disliked the spring anyway, but it is a bit alarming how easily it broke.
Well, spring-loaded slots in flashcarts are known to break easily, so you can't really blame the Supercard team for that
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc