Hacking So anyone get the new 2.1x Black PCB card yet?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
from what the acekard team told me the new pcb is a better controller chip and it is cheaper to make (so prices have dropped). they also said that the error on the old board in regards to the solder points which cuased the FAT error can not happen on the new pcb. the original ak2 i used had a green pcb (if i'm not mistaken) so i assumed you were asking about the one before 2.1.

-another world

Silent Storm

Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard 2 had a green PCB.

I am not generally worried about my 2.1 card dieing as I am getting a CycloDS for Christmas, I have just recently read that 2.1 with the green PCB onwards fixed the FAT error, and I have had my card for 3 weeks and it is still working perfectly.

Thanks anyways.
smile.gif

If it does however die by Christmas and I contact the acekard team about it, would the team send me the new one with the black PCB?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that the green pcb was prone to having quality issues with the solder points, but that they increased the quality control on those and that carts from later batches should not have the problem. The new black design is apparently not prone to the solder problem at all. I have a green one from way before the problem batches that still works just fine.

@Silent Storm: I assume that if you have problems they'll replace it with whatever they have in stock, which would be the black pcb.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: