Homebrew Snickerstream - Unified NTR and HzMod streaming client for the 3DS

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I keep getting a specific error:
Line 24976: Error: Variable used without being declared.

Also, I cannot connect via Snickerstream anymore but it connects flawlessly via Kit-Kat Slim. I did not change any of the advanced settings. Do I have to add the NTR bin if I don't patch it?

Sorry for bringing this up right after you released, as a developer I know how frustrating bugs can after launch. I really do appreciate you working on this; you're helping a lot of people. Thank you :)
No problem, it looks like it might've been a problem on my end this time if it reports an error like that. Could you post your settings file so I can see what's wrong?

Also, if you can, could you provide a log with loglevel set to 3? I noticed that this could be a problem with one of the libraries I've used, so I just want to be extra sure.

One last edit: I've re-checked every single warning thrown by the compiler in strict mode (I thought strict mode was enabled by default... ^^") and fixed everything. Now it reports no issues and in theory it should have fixed your error. If you can, please try the version I've attached in this post - and if everything works fine then I'll push a fix to the GitHub Repo ASAP.

Attachments

• Snickerstream.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 223
Last edited by RattletraPM,

GcRayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There you go.

One of the things that I find interesting is that it sends the flashing colors to my 3DS, showing that it does connect but then...it just disconnects and gives the firewall error.

Quick Edit: before posting this, tried the new version and now I get Line 24967, same error. Trust me, I checked the numbers: this error 24967 and last error 24976 was not a mix up with the last two numbers, as I have pictures of both errors and have compared them. I have uploaded the latest log from the most recent version you have sent me, although I could not see any changes from the previous one. Everything else seems to be the same in the pictures as before.

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 306
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 286
  • log.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 221

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There you go.

One of the things that I find interesting is that it sends the flashing colors to my 3DS, showing that it does connect but then...it just disconnects and gives the firewall error.

Quick Edit: before posting this, tried the new version and now I get Line 24967, same error. Trust me, I checked the numbers: this error 24967 and last error 24976 was not a mix up with the last two numbers, as I have pictures of both errors and have compared them. I have uploaded the latest log from the most recent version you have sent me, although I could not see any changes from the previous one. Everything else seems to be the same in the pictures as before.
Oh, I see what's up. For some reason, your PC's IP address is set to the same as your 3DS's. Normally, you want that to be 0.0.0.0. If it's set to an invalid/unreachable host then Snickerstream will not be able to ping your 3DS, which will not set a variable aaaaand... what you've just experienced happens.

Set your PC IP address to 0.0.0.0 either from the advanced menu or by editing your settings.ini file (look for PCIpAddr=192.168.1.185, then replace it with PCIpAddr=0.0.0.0). It should be fixed once you've done that.

By the way, are you sure you didn't set this before? Snickerstream should also warn you that specifying your PC's IP Address is usually not needed and can result in very bad stuff in case it's misset, but I'll double check if I derped up somewhere in the code just to be sure.

GcRayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, that was my bad. Sorry for that. >.<

I was having trouble connecting to my PC (NTR / ARM crashes) and after a few crashes apparently I derped hard, changing the PC IP to the 3DS IP to try and resolve the issue -- thinking it was the 3DS IP it was asking for.
And here I was wondering why you asked for the 3DS IP in two places, never made the connection. Sorry to be THAT guy, lol. I haven't slept in 24 hours so I'm slowing going insane. @_@;

Well, it's working perfectly now. Once again, I'm sorry. ;-;

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually, that was my bad. Sorry for that. >.<

I was having trouble connecting to my PC (NTR / ARM crashes) and after a few crashes apparently I derped hard, changing the PC IP to the 3DS IP to try and resolve the issue -- thinking it was the 3DS IP it was asking for.
And here I was wondering why you asked for the 3DS IP in two places, never made the connection. Sorry to be THAT guy, lol. I haven't slept in 24 hours so I'm slowing going insane. @_@;

Well, it's working perfectly now. Once again, I'm sorry. ;-;
No worries! I've also slept an awfully small amount of time last night so I know how you feel... (And no, it's not because of Snickerstream lol)
But yeah, I can also see why setting your PC's IP address can be a bit confusing. It's mainly a feature that was required in Snickerstream's PoC days and it has been carried over up to this version. I once thought about deleting it as setting it to 0.0.0.0 will use all available IP addresses but I figured that in a very, very handful of cases it could still be useful (for example, if for any reason you need to open the same port used by NTR on your router but you want to listen only to local connections, thus decreasing the chances of a succeful DOS attack). That's why I "banished" it to the Advanced menu instead of removing it altogheter even if, admittedly, now that you can just change the port used by NTR its usefulness is even lower.

GcRayden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see. Yeah, it's probably a lot less confusing for someone who is fully awake lol.

I'm glad to see you put in the port changing so we can use 2 3DS consoles on one computer. I actually downloaded the source of NTR, Snickerstream, and kit-kat and spent some time digging around, trying to change the port manually before I knew you were updating it to include that feature. On my YouTube channel, we ended up streaming 1 3DS on our streaming computer, then using a laptop plugged into an elgato PC card to stream a small portion of the screen where the laptop was streaming the second snickerstream.

It was a hassle, so I'm very grateful for that feature.

Also, I've added you on Discord if you care to chat about developer / snickerstream stuff sometime. Feel free to ignore it if you're too busy.

Last edited by GcRayden,

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah, I see. Yeah, it's probably a lot less confusing for someone who is fully awake lol.

I'm glad to see you put in the port changing so we can use 2 3DS consoles on one computer. I actually downloaded the source of NTR, Snickerstream, and kit-kat and spent some time digging around, trying to change the port manually before I knew you were updating it to include that feature. On my YouTube channel, we ended up streaming 1 3DS on our streaming computer, then using a laptop plugged into an elgato PC card to stream a small portion of the screen where the laptop was streaming the second snickerstream.

It was a hassle, so I'm very grateful for that feature.

Also, I've added you on Discord if you care to chat about developer / snickerstream stuff sometime. Feel free to ignore it if you're too busy.
Yeah, I also downloaded NTR's source to try and find a way to change the ports. However, no matter what I tried (and believe me, I tried literally everything while double checking that I had the correct dependencies and stuff) even if the compiler & linker returned no errors NTR would still crash while initing Remoteplay. After some sleuthing around however I've noticed that the NTR source posted on GitHub isn't actually the same as 3.6, so maybe cell9 decided to change something that ultimately broke remoteplay in that one, so that might be it (and feel free to correct me if anyone reading this managed to get it working! I'm sure the source is different tho, as I've found a bug that doesn't seem to happen in the released source - try to set the streaming port to a multiple of 256 and you'll see what I'm talking about!) It did help me to find the correct offset for the UDP port in NTR 3.6 tho, so at least it wasn't all in vain.

I'm glad that I've simplified your streaming setup with this, too! That one you've had before looks like it was a pain to setup and manage every time ^^"

By the way, I've accepted you on Discord! Feel free to drop me a message whenever you want and I'll reply if I'm there!

C_Sharp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies if this has been answered but I downloaded and extracted the new file, and run it through autoit and when it opens it still says 0.9 have i done something wrong?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apologies if this has been answered but I downloaded and extracted the new file, and run it through autoit and when it opens it still says 0.9 have i done something wrong?
I've double checked if the files I uploaded for v1.00 were right and they are. You've probably downloaded the wrong release, here's a link to the right one.

Could you make a way to run stream your ds without having to run .exe files? I got a chromebook :-(
No, sorry. Snickerstream relies on Windows-specific APIs and functions to run, porting it to other OSes would mean rewriting it almost completely. If your Chromebok uses an Intel CPU then your best bet would be to try running it with Wine but I'm not guaranteeing that it would work this way.

BlueSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hey, excuse me if this was already somehow answered, but I'm having problems booting up Snickerstream. This is what I get upon opening it. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong, or is it something else?

Attachments

• d.PNG
    d.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 295

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, excuse me if this was already somehow answered, but I'm having problems booting up Snickerstream. This is what I get upon opening it. Any idea if I'm doing something wrong, or is it something else?
Don't launch it directly fron the archive, extract it to a folder first.

BlueSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is Snickerstream whitelisted in your antivirus? Some AVs just don't like AutoIt scripts, so you might want to try that.
Funny thing, I actually never bothered to install a proper antivirus and I've been using this stupid Windows Defender Antivirus, which is a bother to navigate. But I'll try and see if I can do that, if not I'll see if I can just straight up disable it.

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Funny thing, I actually never bothered to install a proper antivirus and I've been using this stupid Windows Defender Antivirus, which is a bother to navigate. But I'll try and see if I can do that, if not I'll see if I can just straight up disable it.
I just tested it over here and looks like it's the same error that happens when Direct2D cannot be initialized properly when running it thru Wine in a linux distro. Just to be sure, which GPU are you using at the moment?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NVIDIA GeForce 920MX
That's really, really strange then. Could you try running Snickerstream from source? The error message doesn't help me much in pinpointing the issue because it gives me an absolute line where the error occurs, not relative to a specific file.
All you need to do to run Snickerstream for source is to download AutoIt v3 and clone the source from GitHub (or download it as a zip from the main repo).

BlueSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
That's really, really strange then. Could you try running Snickerstream from source? The error message doesn't help me much in pinpointing the issue because it gives me an absolute line where the error occurs, not relative to a specific file.
All you need to do to run Snickerstream for source is to download AutoIt v3 and clone the source from GitHub (or download it as a zip from the main repo).
Just did that, and now I'm getting this.

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 273

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just did that, and now I'm getting this.
Alright, that's much more helpful. It was caused by the code being used to identify the GPU (it's a bit of a hack and sometimes it fails). Honestly, I should've removed it long ago.. :sleep:

Anyways, try this version right here - it's the same as v1.00 with the GetCPU and GetGPU functions disabled. It should fix the error you're getting!

Attachments

• Snickerstream.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 194

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +1
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: tldr usb > bluetooth imo +1