Homebrew Snes9xGX-Mushroom

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
While trying to do some benchmarks, I noticed TX stopped working on the Gamecube, can't say for how long. Just download or use 1.1.3 and try to run it.

GX is also affected, I left an open issue there in case they want to investigate the issue.

If anyone can confirm, would be useful. Gamecube mode on the Wii should be affected too.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
While trying to do some benchmarks, I noticed TX stopped working on the Gamecube, can't say for how long. Just download or use 1.1.3 and try to run it.

GX is also affected, I left an open issue there in case they want to investigate the issue.

If anyone can confirm, would be useful. Gamecube mode on the Wii should be affected too.
Again, can't say for how long. The only emulators I personally test before every release are RX versions. GX did work until 4.5.3.
@niuus

Look at this message from @Bladeoner (from GitHub):
Quote from bladeoner:

@niuus this week some changes where added, can you try with the latest Pre-release?

If the Pre-release is not working you can test the following files, which contain the three commits after version 4.5.3:

Test1, commit: e68ae81
Snes9xGX-GameCube-Test1.zip

Test2: commit: 9b40986
Snes9xGX-GameCube-Test2.zip

Test3: commit: 88deb03
Snes9xGX-GameCube-Test3.zip

Reactions: RunningSnakes

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi niuus, thanks for letting me know. I think I found the problem (error on my part), indeed I put the 576p mode in automatic activation with the GC component cable :/

I am attaching a test version of the beta version with the patch (I don't have a GameCube on hand).

I took the opportunity to disable the 576p mode for the GameCube, can you test the video modes to see if everything is fine? THANKS

Attachments

• snes9xtx-1.1.4-beta-gc.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 33

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi niuus, thanks for letting me know. I think I found the problem (error on my part), indeed I put the 576p mode in automatic activation with the GC component cable :/

I am attaching a test version of the beta version with the patch (I don't have a GameCube on hand).

I took the opportunity to disable the 576p mode for the GameCube, can you test the video modes to see if everything is fine? THANKS
A quick test before sleeping: working! Video filter section is empty though, can't be pressed or used. Was that intended on Gamecube?

Tanooki16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Perfect! if not, is the 576p video mode disabled on GameCube? For video filters, yes it is normal. Tantric disabled them on GameCube, so I left it that way.
But if I have confirmation that the video filters work well on GameCube, I can activate them ^^

Reactions: SaulFabre

jml_hybs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does the ps3 controller support also works on vwii? I can't seem to make my original ps3 controller to work but everything else works great.

ArthurGCN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

It's great to know that someone has solved the well-known problem when we load X number of games that were ignored for years in the original version for the GameCube. I would like to ask four things:

1 - Solve the also old bug with the WildC.A.T.s. The game suffers from random freezes. I solved this problem by converting to PAL. But there is still the problem of the music also stopping randomly. Perhaps, the music is working correctly if we keep it in NTSC.

2 - I'm using version 1.1.2 because it still has the option to stretch the image. I would like that option to come back. And that it was possible to stretch the gui so that I can fill the screen completely and remove the vertical bars. Something I got with the Genesis Plus GX thanks to that option.

3 - Fix the problem related to the name of the folders. When we use a very long name, the characters go beyond the area.

4 - Fix the problem related to SRAM name. "Super Adventure Island" does not have SRAM, but "Super Adventure Island II" does. The emulator seems to ignore the "II" and displays the SRAM in the previous game. This can make the user delete the save by mistake. This happens with any game using those kind of names or numbers like "Star Fox" and "Star Fox 2". I solved the problem by naming the files for "Star FoxΑ 2" and "Super Adventure IslandΑ II", for example. "Α" is not displayed by the emulator. So it's like everything is working properly.

Thanks

Last edited by ArthurGCN,
Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
HD for Super Nintendo games involves loading texture packs and that would make games way too slow due to the Wii not having enough ram.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
HD for Super Nintendo games involves loading texture packs and that would make games way too slow due to the Wii not having enough ram.
And also for not having enough processing power (the Wii only has 729 MHz of processing power).

Reactions: raxadian

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I haven't download the latest version, but from the screenshots the overclock option is missing.

Was it removed, or moved to another category?
I'm pretty sure @Tanooki16 just moved that option to the "Emulation Hacks" section.

It's not shown in the screenshots, but the option for overclock CPU and the FX chip are still there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free