Homebrew Snes9xGX Cover+ & co

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wiimpathy
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 237,999
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Likes Likes 11
Yes, my mistake in the last compiled version.
No hidden var, no magic. Set it to true. Compile. Play.

Oh lol, I got the var wrong and thought "false" was right - silly me :D

However, I am facing a problem on a different level: Compiling does not work.
I keep getting this error with the latest devkit and libogc 1.8.7 (1.8.11 brought up many more errors, so I used the older version):

Code:
> "make"
"make" -f Makefile.wii
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii'
fileop.cpp
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool MountDVD(bool)':
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:308:19: error: too few arguments to function 'bool ISO9660_Unmount(const char*)'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:20:6: note: declared here
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:322:26: error: too few arguments to function 'bool ISO9660_Mount(const char*, const DISC_INTERFACE*)'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:19:6: note: declared here
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool ParseDirEntries()':
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:495:43: error: 'dirnext' was not declared in this scope
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:556:19: error: 'dirclose' was not declared in this scope
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'int ParseDirectory(bool, bool)':
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:616:33: error: 'diropen' was not declared in this scope
c:/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii/source/fileop.cpp:640:33: error: 'diropen' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [fileop.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build_wii] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/projects/wii/snes9xgx-wii'
"make": *** [wii] Error 2
> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:03

The original 4.2.9 works fine in contrast (just a few warnings about an "ignore" var being set but unused.)
In both cases I went by the official guide from the googlecode-site of snes9xgx.

Is there anything I have overlooked? Maybe I need an additional file or an earlier devkit version? (If so, what was your setup, please?)

Sorry to bug you again, but I hope you can help me here :)

Thanks for your support!
 
No, they changed some things in the newer devkit versions that causes the error. One would need to rewrite the sections (or use an older and compatible devkit version), however you could check how tantric did it in the newer versions.
 
The ISO9660_Mount function changed and the functions for files (diropen ...) are now POSIX (opendir ...) in the latest Devkit/libogc. It was in DevkitPPC r21 and libogc 1.8.3 so it was compiled just before those libs.
It would be better to change the code in the mods though (at least for new Wiimotes support). Look for the official Snes9xgx r662 in googlecode.
 
Hmm... just a quick question for you, people. How do you compile the emulator? I've been trying to compile the snes9x one getting rid of the update check. The instructions say "Find the Makefile from the source you downloaded. Click Tools > Make." but when I do that, I get

Code:
> "make"
"make": *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:01

I'm most likely missing something here since I've never EVER used Programmer's Notepad at all; I'd really appreciate it if someone could guide me on this ^^
 
There should be a project file (*.pnproj) that you can open from Programmers Notepad. If you compile then it should work.
 
There should be a project file (*.pnproj) that you can open from Programmers Notepad. If you compile then it should work.

That actually worked, but now I get a different error

Code:
> "make"
"make" -f Makefile.wii
make[1]: Entering directory `/c/Projects/Wii/snes'
cheatmgr.cpp
filebrowser.cpp
fileop.cpp
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool MountDVD(bool)':
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:308:19: error: too few arguments to function 'bool ISO9660_Unmount(const char*)'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:20:6: note: declared here
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:322:26: error: too few arguments to function 'bool ISO9660_Mount(const char*, const DISC_INTERFACE*)'
c:/devkitPro/libogc/include/iso9660.h:19:6: note: declared here
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'bool ParseDirEntries()':
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:495:43: error: 'dirnext' was not declared in this scope
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:556:19: error: 'dirclose' was not declared in this scope
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp: In function 'int ParseDirectory(bool, bool)':
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:616:33: error: 'diropen' was not declared in this scope
c:/Projects/Wii/snes/source/fileop.cpp:640:33: error: 'diropen' was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [fileop.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [build_wii] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/Projects/Wii/snes'
"make": *** [wii] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 00:09


Which is basically the same error that aufgreifen got, darn
 
202 is "unofficial". There were debates regarding speed. At least for me, 202 is slightly faster.
Don't know about DVD, never tested,I don't use them (same with new wiimotes).
Normally, no update check.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll do it later.
 
Great, a new compiled version! Will make sure to test it once my brother visits tomorrow and comes home with our Wii :D
 
Alright, I've tested 4.3.1 and let's just say I'll just stick with the older version ^^
Something in the code I guess has a strange bug that "locks" the controls for a few seconds when you use turbo, but it's not because of the mod, the same thing happens on Tantric's official version.
 
Wiimpathy, I love what you're doing. This has been a fantastic project and everytime I've had the opportunity to put these emulators on a Wii (whether its mine or another), I've sworn by your versions.

I do have just one question. Will we be seeing the latest versions of FCEU GX and VBA GX from you? Its not so much a request as just simply asking. If you don't currently have plans for them, then I can accept that. I just like keeping things up to date is all.

Again, thank you for everything you do. Love this project.
 
Thanks MarcusRaven.
It was supposed to be the end of this little project just before this version. At least now, if someone wants to compile and improve it, that would be easier.
Not sure about FCEU and VBA since the latest additions aren't essential (for me!) if you don't have those new wiimotes.
 
Maybe the PAL fix affect us to us on PAL land! I mainly use PAL roms so...

allow two directions to be pressed simultaneously

Is this related to the akward executing of diagonal jumps in fighting games? I don't play many fighters on VBAgx, but it could be a nice addition, specially to the newer RetroArch. For ability games it could be necessary.
 
Hello, I wanted to thank you for the excellent work they are doing with this mod. I want to know if there is way to keep updating the emulator ask?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
 
Anyone care to update the Nes covermod to latest? :) would be super

3.3.3 - December 14, 2012

  • Updated core to latest FCEUX (r2793)
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted